Without dorsey or ellis on board.. (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
would WR be that bad of an option at number 10..think about it before you blast...we are an offense minded team. We do need help on the d but if meach shows up like we think he will, and Colson does his thing, on more bonified threat on O would help our D more than a reach in the first round. if D or E isnt available....think about it bush, PT or Big D in the back field, with Three bonified #1 WR's on the field at one time, you would have to go to a Zone type D, and we should be able to 5 and dime it down field all day....im not saying but im just saying.

I would end my life if we took a WR at #10. Not only do we not *need* at WR, it would also be a reach.

Drafting a WR at 10 is a reach in the first round. Weak year for receivers. This borders on being a troll post.

I would be very upset if they went WR in the first round. However, I'm pretty sure they're not going to do that anyway...

Unless Matt Millen is our GM and we don't know it.

This is a down year for receivers. If more than 2 are picked in the first the rest are reaches. Also none really warrant going in the 1-20 range.
And we have 2 faster Limas Sweeds in Colston and Meachem so we wouldn't want him, and he's probably the #1 WR in this draft.

I would cry if we took a WR at #10. Not just because we took another reciever but because this board would in such a meltdown mode it would prob take me days to log on here and I cant have that.

:covri: Please, no... I don't think they necessarily need to draft a CB, just defense of some sort! Our defense was the reason we didn't make the playoffs last year, not our receiving corps. The only offensive position I wouldn't completely freak out about if they drafted was if they drafted an O-lineman.

No, first there are no wrs worth a #10 selection by anyone. RB , OT maybe if you have to go offense, but I would like the first 3 selections to be DT, CB, LB, or CB, LB, S,

would WR be that bad of an option at number 10..think about it before you blast...we are an offense minded team. We do need help on the d but if meach shows up like we think he will, and Colson does his thing, on more bonified threat on O would help our D more than a reach in the first round. if D or E isnt available....think about it bush, PT or Big D in the back field, with Three bonified #1 WR's on the field at one time, you would have to go to a Zone type D, and we should be able to 5 and dime it down field all day....im not saying but im just saying.

Without Dorsey or Ellis to pick, I would prefer that the Saints trade down in the 1st round, either for an extra 2nd round pick or 2nd and 3rd round picks, or a starting DT, CB, OLB, FS, or TE.

I dont see anyone who would compliment Colston at #10. The Two Wide outs getting looks are two big targets. Sweed and Kelly. I think they are in the 6-3 and 6-4 range. IF Clady fell to us it would be hard to pass on.

Trade

I dont see anyone who would compliment Colston at #10. The Two Wide outs getting looks are two big targets. Sweed and Kelly. I think they are in the 6-3 and 6-4 range. IF Clady fell to us it would be hard to pass on.

Clady being available at pick 10 might be good incentive for someone to make an offer for the Saints to trade down and pick up a starter (CB, DT, OLB, FS, TE) or an extra 2nd round pick or 2nd and 3rd round picks.

We have a 1st Rnd WR pick already! Lest we forget about Meachem...

WR????No....Maybe. I think someone like Keller or another TE with his skills and maybe a little better at blocking would be a good pick at 10 if Dorsey and Ellis are gone and we decide to go offense.

the only offensive player i would consider at 10 is Clady, and his super low wonderlic scares me a bit.....I know these test don't mean anything, but most great players are intelligent enough to make higher than a 13...... i think most 7th graders could make higher than a 13, seriously..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom