Witness in Shavers Case killed (1 Viewer)

Frank The Rat

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
A spray of bullets from at least two guns on Thursday evening killed a 20-year-old New Orleans man who narrowly escaped the shooting two years ago that left musician Dinerral Shavers dead.

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/04/new_orleans_man_killed_in_iris.html

I see to remember toward the end of the trial that the accused made a gesture with his hand at one of the witnesses in the shape of a gun. Was this the same guy that was killed yesterday. I believe it was the same case.

goodness gracious. i have no words. seems like criminals have the upper hand these days.

I am not surprised at all. I wish I could say otherwise, but I can't. Someone needs to get the others in this case into some kind of protection or we will be reading about them next.

And Police Chief Warren Riley is on the news saying this killing is unrelated to the case. We need a new Mayor and a new Police Chief. Someone that doesn't stand there and brazenly lie to us.

Obviously this is a retaliation killing.

Don't know if has been posted or not, but the TP is having to sue the NOPD to get crime sheets just to find out what is happening in this city. Apparently the police are saying they don't have to release reports until they FINALIZE them which sometimes takes months.

So here's some of the news from this week in NOLA regarding police.

1. Police being sued because they won't turn over incident reports.
2. Cop in Lakeview opens fire on a doctors pet and kills it in the back yard on its own porch. Cop tells neighbor to not tell the doctor he shot the dog. The dog had surgery last week and was unable to run or jump. Cop claims it threatened him. He and the other officer stood around joking about it after the incident. End result, doctor may leave New Orleans.
3. Fourth person killed in two days. Witness in Shavers case killed and cops say it isn't related to the case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom