Woeful (1 Viewer)

BryanD

Gettin Closer
Reaction score
80 yds on 21 attempts...

I have to watch the game on Red Zone since I will never buy DirecTV and the NFL ticket again.

I just can't seem to grasp the game plan this week after coming off the dominant rushing game we had last couple of weeks.

Did the running game look that inept live or was it back to the usual forcing of the air attack when it isn't necessarily needed?

Hightower could not really get going so imagine Ingram...

Last edited:
Ever consider the possibility that the Broncos just have a really, really good defense? Because they do.

I appreciate the question...Yes I do actually. That's why I asked the question since I just said I could only see the RED ZONE plays.

So I guess you are saying they FLAT shut down the run game?

The OP does have a point that the Broncos were arguably the worst run defense in the NFL over the past 3 or 4 games.

The 3rd and 1 on the first drive going for the endzone was a really questionable play call resulting in an interception. And it was Cadet as the target, seriously why?

They forced the pass again. The 2nd INT came after a 9 yard run with Ingram. They made him a WR on the INT. The other INT was a forced pass to Cadet of all people.

I appreciate the question...Yes I do actually. That's why I asked the question since I just said I could only see the RED ZONE plays.

So I guess you are saying they FLAT shut down the run game?

Except for a couple plays, yeah. It was consistent 2 yard runs. 1st and 10, 2nd and 8, 3rd and 6. What are you going to do? We ran it enough times to keep things balanced at least. I had no problems with the game plan.

The OP does have a point that the Broncos were arguably the worst run defense in the NFL over the past 3 or 4 games.

The 3rd and 1 on the first drive going for the endzone was a really questionable play call resulting in an interception. And it was Cadet as the target, seriously why?

Being in Virginia I only get to read and/or hear what I can on this page and reading NOLA.com.

I guess I was just shocked to see plays like this as well when I thought we'd surely keep the run cranking.

I personally have talked to Tim H this year during the off season and was very confident in his ability and opportunity. Totally not cocky...humbly confident.

Except for a couple plays, yeah. It was consistent 2 yard runs. 1st and 10, 2nd and 8, 3rd and 6. What are you going to do? We ran it enough times to keep things balanced at least. I had no problems with the game plan.

First thing first, start Ingram. Hightower was ineffective but consistant in his 2yds gain... but, shhhuuutttt, nobody will dare to say it.

First thing first, start Ingram. Hightower was ineffective but consistant in his 2yds gain... but, shhhuuutttt, nobody will dare to say it.

Doubt Ingram would've done any better, but it would've nice to see more of a rotation early and figure out if one looked better than the other. It almost made me miss the days when we were running a different RB on the field every other down.

Doubt Ingram would've done any better, but it would've nice to see more of a rotation early and figure out if one looked better than the other. It almost made me miss the days when we were running a different RB on the field every other down.

He did better, but that's ok, Hightower is the better HB. I understand that.

Honestly, I had no problem with the pass to run ratio. The run really wasn't working consistently. If Thomas didn't turn the ball over, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

And I'm not knocking Thomas.

Is about 4 ypc that bad? I'd say keep in mind the drives at the end of the halves where we had to throw b/c of the clock will tilt the ratios towards pass

Well the objective of the offense is to score enough points to win.

Sometimes it's pass heavy, sometimes it's run heavy, sometimes it's split.

The bottom line is we did what we needed to do offensively to win.

Make a simple PAT and we win.

Not sure I would consider that "woeful" on the decisions of the offensive game plan.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom