Woman jailed, stripsearched and beaten for :GASP: sitting by a man at a Starbucks (1 Viewer)

keepoursaints

I hate American Airlines
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,329151,00.html

American Woman Jailed in Saudi Arabia for Sitting With Man at Starbucks

Gotta love it. We put underwear on terrorist's heads and they beat up civilians for doing nothing. I wonder if we'll hear the same backlash... yeah right.

There are no rules in war.

we are not at war with Saudi Arabia - even though they do hate us as much as other countries in the region.

is it a good idea for American Women to dress as Saudi women? im not sure its a good idea, could be taken as an insult in situations like this

we are not at war with Saudi Arabia - even though they do hate us as much as other countries in the region.

is it a good idea for American Women to dress as Saudi women? im not sure its a good idea, could be taken as an insult in situations like this

Seems to me like it's just not a good place to be a woman.

If she dressed like an American showing skin she would probably have been locked up for being a whore. Gotta love the culture over there in the Middle East.

Edit: So it's no big deal because we aren't at war with them? Wouldn't you think gathering intelligence from TERRORISTS would be more justified than beating/interrogating some civilian woman with no obvious terrorist affiliation?

We decry this, yet many want religion to play an even bigger role in OUR government.:dunno:

I can't think of the last time I went to church and saw a women get arrested, stripsearched and beaten for sitting next to a male. :dunno:

Where do you go to church?

Those freakin' Baptists down the street from us keep kidnapping people from our neighborhood and video tapes themselves beheading their "prisoners."

Nice reach..

ummm, in their culture it is forbiddin for a man to touch a female. I'd suggest before visiting any muslim country you learn the rules. Especially if you are american.

Did you guys even read the story?
They got very angry and told me what I was doing was a great sin
So because of their religion which states what she did was a sin they felt justified in jailing her for doing something that, to her, was perfectly normal.

Sounds like sodomy laws in the US. Or anti-abortion movement. Or no alcohol on Sunday or other blue laws. Or beach nudity. Or Huckabee stating the US Constitution should be amended to make it more in line with "God's Law."

But because their religion is different from yours, their ideas are crazy yet yours are perfectly ok.

Again, :dunno:

Did you guys even read the story?

So because of their religion which states what she did was a sin they felt justified in jailing her for doing something that, to her, was perfectly normal.

Sounds like sodomy laws in the US. Or anti-abortion movement. Or no alcohol on Sunday or other blue laws. Or Huckabee stating the US Constitution should be amended to make it more in line with "God's Law."

But because their religion is different from yours, their ideas are crazy yet yours is perfectly ok.

Again, :dunno:

When is the time you've seen Religion police out in public with the authority to arrest someone on the spot? Seriously.

I don't think faith/charitable works and humiliating women are even remotely related.

And I don't think modern christianity is strictly about faith/charitable works.

ummm, in their culture it is forbiddin for a man to touch a female. I'd suggest before visiting any muslim country you learn the rules. Especially if you are american.

Personally you couldn't pay me enough money to even consider going over there.

So basically anything they choose to do based on their beliefs just gets an "oh well that's their culture" response. Where is the outcry for human rights.

I mean God forbid someone post a picture of Muhammed on the intranets. AHHHHHHH no the horror, but it's ok to beat people just because it's how they do things.

That's cool.... :9:

My point of posting this was it seems silly to bend over backwards for prisoners of war and people of other cultures when this is how they treat there own. (I know this was an American, but I bet they've done this to plenty of their own citizens).

Edit: See the neat lessons they are teaching their young boys over there and the cartoon like characters aimed at showing their kids it's the right thing to do in hating and wanting to kill other people. :9:

And I don't think modern christianity is strictly about faith/charitable works.

True...if you believe that all Christians are about is begging for money on TV.

Not all of us are in it to get rich. Not all of us want to convert everybody. Not all of us are interested in putting the people who don't share our faith on a bus to hell.

FWIW, I don't condemn the Muslim faith. I condemn absurdity.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom