Woman scalped by a go-cart (1 Viewer)

:covri: "If someone had said something about my hair..."....lady, that's what the SIGNS on the cars were for....you were informed, and if you choose not to read the precautions that are printed on each go-cart, then it's your fault.

I feel badly for her, truly I do. But her comments at the end sort of ticked me off. No one ever takes responsibility for their mistakes anymore, it seems...:angryrazz:

:covri: "If someone had said something about my hair..."....lady, that's what the SIGNS on the cars were for....you were informed, and if you choose not to read the precautions that are printed on each go-cart, then it's your fault.

I feel badly for her, truly I do. But her comments at the end sort of ticked me off. No one ever takes responsibility for their mistakes anymore, it seems...:angryrazz:

I couldnt agree more.... its the company that made the driveshafts fault... not the idiot driving 3 inches off the ground with 3 ft of hair..... in the end the company will settle and go bankrupt because of her stupidity...

So true and so sad. It can't possibly be my fault at all.

My dad is probably saying, "See? Haven't I said over and over how easily something like this could happen?"

Geez, I remember being a kid and having to listen to his lectures on the dangers of long hair around farm equipment. Then, one morning he comes to breakfast with the newspaper and a story about a girl who was killed when her long hair was caught in a post hole digger. That drove his point home.

It would have been funnier if it was an Indian motorcycle.

I do hate how our culture is going to a place where no one is responsible for themselves.

But in this case, it was not her actions or stupidity that led to this, it was her ignorance. I feel like the operators should be responsible for riders meeting the safety requirements.

For instance, you would not let a small kid on the go cart. Or let someone ride without a helmet or without being strapped in. These are probably written rules also, but enforced by the operator. How is her hair any different? The written rules allow the operator the perspective to enforce a safe environment, and to communicate those issues to the public. These areas of safety are not valid if the person feels like reading or not, the operator is responsible for enforcing the rules of safety IMO. They should have enforced this issue just like they would if someone did not put a helmet on, or get buckled in, or were too small, etc.

I do hate how our culture is going to a place where no one is responsible for themselves.

It's not just going, it's been there for a long time. But, it's not my fault.

you are joking, but hit an interesting point.

Most people live their lives with nothing major happening and disagree generally with where the culture is going, or has gone, but the second something happens same people go right to where the cultural standard is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom