Woman sexually assaults NFL player on plane (1 Viewer)

well unless we know that she was trying to procreate, the biological musings should take a back seat to the social dynamics
especially since sexual assault is at least as much about power and intimidation than about sexual gratification (and most certainly not about reproduction)
yes, in general a woman is concerned about sexual assault because she is not sure if she can physically protect herself BUT ALSO not sure if she can socially protect herself - she knows that the likelihood that the man will be held to account is rather small. She knows that she carries a much higher chance of both physical AND social damage than he does

the point of this story is that while the football player probably does not fear his attacker physically, he certainly fears the social damage she can cause - and the evidence of the flight attendants not protecting him probably reinforces the notion that the AA male football player is put in a loselose situation by the (presumably) white female attacker
I figure I could handle some skank on a plane getting handsy with me without going all Matlock, but that's just me. I'm pretty certain I would have told the stewardess from the get go that if the chick didn't get moved she would be forcing me into dealing with the issue myself.

I was sexually assaulted on a plane from Seattle. It was hard, very hard to deal with. I understand his pain and suffering - lol

I didn't say it was funny, but I can guarantee if this woman looked anything like Hannah Jeter, no one would know about this...

Kudos to the guy for not taking advantage of said drunk woman.... But, suing the airlines sounds like a money grab.. Why didn't he contact the authorities, when they landed, and deal with it as a criminal offense...?
On the contrary, It doesn't matter how she looked. Assault is assault. I have been on the other side a number of times. I truly understand how some women feel when they are cat-called or groped. Any self-respecting MAN should be appalled at that kind of behavior, ESPECIALLY from a woman.

I was sexually assaulted on a plane from Seattle. It was hard, very hard to deal with. I understand his pain and suffering - lol
I get it, I really do. But I also get the humor in it happening to a guy vs a girl. Sexual assault is not cool, it's not funny. I certainly know this and I absolutely respect someone who is a victim. But, there are also circumstances where the situation can be funny as well and this is simply one of them. Had this happened to a woman it would be a completely different thing. Is that a double standard? Yep, absolutely is. That's also just the way things are.

It seems to me that there is a bit of a double standard. The central issue is that women getting a bit handsy on men is less of a issue. So when it does happen, its not really a big deal. But for women, it is much more frequentl. So they get tired of it, and thats part of the reason for the whole #metoo movement happened. If it happened to women at the same rate it happened to men, there wouldn't have been this issue. But the biological behavior in almost all mammals are such that males are simply going to be much more aggressive in seeking out sexual partners, therefore females do not have to be. Although sometimes, they attempt to go after males perceived as high fitness, and I suppose there is some advantage in increasing the genetic diversity of their offspring.

Love your post. So much candid truth.

But I can tell you that after7-years with coach Pete, I am finally learning to deal that "advantage in increasing the genetic diversity of their offspring" may have some legs - lmao.

btw: in the real world, aggressive unwelcomed abuse in any form is just flat out wrong and I pray we all learn to be more compassionate, starting with me 1st

There are a number of reasons why he may not have, many of them similar to the reasons why many women don't. Embarrassment, fear of repercussions, fear of not being believed. That happens all the time. Regardless, we don't know that he didn't contact the authorities. He obviously wants to remain anonymous, so he could have reported it and it just not make the article. He could have reported it after the airline refused to give her name as well. There's a lot you don't know about this story & making the assumption that it's just a money grab off such limited information seems pretty specious.
I admire your position on this. I could describe a number of unbelievable, but very true situations, but because of the Neanderthalic views on here, I wouldn't dare. I thank GOD that I'm not damaged or took it out on someone having nothing to do with it.

A lot more details in this story about the incident....

LINK

"Fearful of the perception of being a male victim and the racial stigma of being a young African American male, John Doe 1 patiently pleaded for assailant to stop and removed her hand," the suit says.

But according to the lawsuit, the woman's alleged actions did not stop. The lawsuit accuses her of stroking her hand across John Doe 1's lap toward his inner leg and caressing his chest and face. At one point, she allegedly grabbed his penis and ripped his face mask off.

I figure I could handle some skank on a plane getting handsy with me without going all Matlock, but that's just me. I'm pretty certain I would have told the stewardess from the get go that if the chick didn't get moved she would be forcing me into dealing with the issue myself.
it was brought up earlier, but gender is probably not the main concern

• At one point during the incident, the player “patiently” asked the woman to stop groping him because he was “fearful of the perception of being a male victim and the racial stigma of being a young African-American male.”

obviously he 'could' have dealt with it, but then very quickly he probably becomes the bad guy

@Cincy Saint making the same point

it was brought up earlier, but gender is probably not the main concern

• At one point during the incident, the player “patiently” asked the woman to stop groping him because he was “fearful of the perception of being a male victim and the racial stigma of being a young African-American male.”

obviously he 'could' have dealt with it, but then very quickly he probably becomes the bad guy

@Cincy Saint making the same point
I understand that. But, from a perspective of male vs female psyche it's completely different. If this happened to a woman it could be deeply devastating and scaring. Happening to a man you could joke with him about it around the water cooler on Monday.

Last edited:
Its not uncommon for men to be sexually assaulted.

Sorry I can't copy the link it come from Wikipedia

also: Sentencing disparity
In the 2001 national Youth Risk Behavior Survey, 10.2% of girls and 5.1% of boys reported "[having] ever been physically forced to have sexual intercourse when [they] did not want to".[4] In a 2010 study of heterosexual couples where sexual coercion existed, 45% reported female victimization, 30% reported male victimization and 20% reported reciprocal victimization.[5] In 2011, a study supported by a research grant from the Department of Education and Science of Spain found based on a "convenience sample of 13,877 students in 32 nations" that 2.4% of males and 1.8% of females admitted to having physically forced someone into having sex in the last year.[6] In a 2014 study of 18,030 high school students, there was no statistically significant difference between males and females for the reported rate of having been physically forced to have sex.[7]

Obviously he 'could' have dealt with it, but then very quickly he probably becomes the bad guy
Just because you put that in the stewardess's head doesn't mean you're going to resort to physical violence if they don't do anything about it. All the guy really had to do was get up and move to a different seat himself.

I get it, I really do. But I also get the humor in it happening to a guy vs a girl. Sexual assault is not cool, it's not funny. I certainly know this and I absolutely respect someone who is a victim. But, there are also circumstances where the situation can be funny as well and this is simply one of them. Had this happened to a woman it would be a completely different thing. Is that a double standard? Yep, absolutely is. That's also just the way things are.

Hey rajin! It is kinda weird. Most men can overpower a woman simply because of genetic size and strength. This has been used to abuse women for millennia. Abuse of any sort is harmful, not only to the victim, but also to others who get exposed.

I just have a hard time seeing a professional athlete being sexually abused by a much less strong and likely smaller woman. It would seem a pro athlete could easily stop the abuse. But then again, I wasn't there, so I have no idea if it really got out of hand. Maybe the player was trying to be respectful. And if the lady was boozed, just like any man, that can make things get out of hand in bad way.

It just hit me as funny and in reality, it may not have been.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom