Women’s College Softball- I’m ready to call it (1 Viewer)

So since you brought this up, I'll pose the rhetorical question I asked my husband the other day, Why don't girls play baseball?
There has been girls who play baseball and probably will be more in the future. I watch my daughters high school softball games and notice in general the skill level most of them have just isn't on par with the high school boys. There's a few that could probably easily play baseball on par with the guys but for every 1 of them there are 2-3 that would never make the team.
More questions. If there's no crying in baseball, is there crying in softball?
There 100% is crying in softball....almost every game. It's taken me awhile to get used to that. It still bothers me quite a bit when my daughter does it. She'll make a bad play and come off the field at the end of the inning in tears. That breeds more errors. I've told her over and over you have to put the last play behind you and move on to the next one whether it's a good or bad play. She still does it and I've finally accepted that's just how it's gonna be.

Yeah I was weighing gymnastics and diving and swimming and track and I realized it was easier to have comparable competition in the individual events
Women’s 100k is every bit as exciting as men’s
That’s why I limited mine to team sports

we don’t do men’s volleyball before college in the states - not at all sure why (that was sarcasm, I know why)

I like women’s bball for watching actual plays, but I can’t get with your 90% thing

I can flip on a random women's college basketball game and I know what I'm going to get. Men? It's just not enjoyable until tournament time and even then with the best players scooped out every year by the NBA, it's kind of lackluster if you don't have a rooting interest.

Just as a tangent, LSU just won the national championship for men's track and field

How they get the motion and velocity pitching underhanded is beyond me. Impressive as hell

I prefer women's gymnastics, I like men and women's track and field equally, I prefer college softball unless one of the southern louisiana universities is involved, i like both with tennis equally, but I only watch college bball if LSU is involved. With pro basketball I prefer men's basketball

The women's pro football league is very entertaining as well
My dad played against this team once. The pitcher was named Eddie Feigner. He was clocked at 103 mph. Softball mounds are only 46 feet away from HP compared to 60 feet 6 inches in baseball. He was considered unhittable. His team consisted of only 4 players. Pitcher ,catcher,shortstop,and 1st baseman. They still dominated.

Feigner's meticulous records claim 9,743 victories, 141,517 strikeouts, 930 no-hitters and 238 perfect games

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom