Women in Combat (1 Viewer)

BIG E

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Senior defense officials say Defense Secretary Leon Panetta is removing the military's ban on women serving in combat, opening hundreds of thousands of front-line positions and potentially elite commando jobs after more than a decade at war.
Panetta removes military ban on women in combat

I think it's going to be a distraction.

women_and_guns_00.jpg

largecamocover12.jpg

pastlargecamo08.jpg

Im pretty sure none of those ladies will be heading to Afghanistan any time soon. Unless its a photo shoot for "High Times Magazine". :ezbill:

Better make it mandatory then, just like men. They want to be treated like men then make it so. Same training requirements etc, none of this crap where they only have to run so fast to pass a test because they have a vagina. This bull just ticks me off.

If Starship Troopers taught us anything, it's that women can be just as ****** as dudes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Is-0dE76PTQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/GViJRl1a2TI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Better make it mandatory then, just like men. They want to be treated like men then make it so. Same training requirements etc, none of this crap where they only have to run so fast to pass a test because they have a vagina. This bull just ticks me off.

:rolleyes:

They seem to keep bumping into the enemy a lot despite the no combat rule. If you are going to have women in the military then let them have any job they can get into.

Im pretty sure none of those ladies will be heading to Afghanistan any time soon. Unless its a photo shoot for "High Times Magazine". :ezbill:
You must not look at the internet. I'm pretty sure that's what all women look like.:ezbill:

As a former armor soldier, I doubt you could find 1000 women that could handle the shells fast enough to lay a great barrage. I have no doubt they could be riflemen, but their upper body strength may not be enough to carry mortars or high caliber weapons.

I think it brings more distraction than anything. Think about it. Chick comes to unit. Chick hooks up with guy. Chick dumps guy and moves on to guy2 without first guy knowing. Guy and guy2 fight. That's effectivley 3 bodies taken out of the fight. I have seen it happen way too often.

I think it brings more distraction than anything. Think about it. Chick comes to unit. Chick hooks up with guy. Chick dumps guy and moves on to guy2 without first guy knowing. Guy and guy2 fight. That's effectivley 3 bodies taken out of the fight. I have seen it happen way too often.

Just put 'em in a squad with the gays and it won't be a problem anyway.

(While I am joking, someone, somewhere is thinking this very thing as we speak. And they most likely want to put all those blacks and Muslims in with them and be done with the whole thing.)

As a former Marine C-130 Flight Engineer/Crew Chief, I can tell you when we were based out of Pakistan, flying the first active duty military and their supplies into Camp Rhino, I shared plenty of time with other females. Most got Combat Aircrew Wings and Air Medals.

We were armed with M16's, M9's, assault shotguns, and M249 SAWs. We would make night flights into Camp Rhino, drop off the troops, fly to a remote field, load up Hellfires and other weapons, drop those off, and make that trip 3-4 times per night. We were on NVG's for 10 hours at a shot, calling out plumes from crappy shoulder fired missiles. We would call in vehicles anywhere we flew and when we made our next trip, those vehicles were a pile of hot ****, smoked by Cobra helo's.

One night, the base we were reloading at was getting over-ran and the MEU told us to shut down motors and to post security. Guess who who stood security with us. Yup, a female radio operator.

Point is, there are plenty of women serving in combat roles, receiving combat commendations, and performing their duty well.

I'm fine with it as long as they don't change the standards. Make the PFTs the same and make the Combat PFT the same across the board. If the women can do it, fine by me.

Where it's going to get even more tricky is special ops. I hope they don't relax standards to accommodate women. Make the standards the same. If they can do it, they deserve to be there.

I'm specifically talking about combat arms MOS's.

I was Air Force Security Police. We had to go through Army training at Ft Dix, NJ. The Army, relaxed the training for the females. We hated it as men, because they would fail us in a heartbeat if we messed up, but they just let them try again or move on to the next evolution. There were many stories of Army NCOs running of with USAF female airmen on the weekends.

Last year in Korea I did CrossFit with a couple female soldiers. One was hoping this would eventually happen b/c she wanted to be one of the first women in the combat special forces positions and the other was one of the baddest women I have ever met. Her career before the Army was as a body builder/fitness model. In the CrossFit classes she out performed most of the men (male Soldiers). Here's a pic of her, enjoy.

Attachments

• SVDH.jpg
    SVDH.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 21
Yeah, because crossfit is the same as actual combat and having to run out of your helicopter under heavy fire to lift a mortally wounded Marine on your shoulder and run back to put him on the helicopter.

If she can go to BUDS and pass, cool, but crossfit is not the same. Sorry.

Yeah, because crossfit is the same as actual combat and having to run out of your helicopter under heavy fire to lift a mortally wounded Marine on your shoulder and run back to put him on the helicopter.

If she can go to BUDS and pass, cool, but crossfit is not the same. Sorry.

I am just comparing the physical part aspect of it. This girl and the other one I mention could do more weight/reps/faster, etc. than most of the male soldiers. Although this girl probably couldn't throw every injured Soldier over her shoulder, she could throw some of those little runts I've seen running around on every Army post I've been stationed at. Not every Soldier is 6' 200lbs, I've seen plenty that are in the 150-175lb range and more than likely weaker than the girl pictured above. But, you know it all so you are obviously the expert.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom