Women's World Cup '19 (1 Viewer)

It's been suggested in studies that referees in sporting events are heavily influenced by the will of the crowds

Fair enough. Yanks travel - crowd was pretty good today, I thought.

Canada got lucky the ref spotted the offsides before the penalty...

It's been suggested in studies that referees in sporting events are heavily influenced by the will of the crowds

tenor.gif

hi-res-2fa8ceeb24c378950fda32547595c8d9_crop_north.jpg

Thirty shots rang out
Thirty players fell
Canada missed the goal completely but they shot that ball to hell

its ok some dont think so. But watch the replay and you will see the Spanish defenders foot bend back just as she indeed makes contact with Lavelles calf.

Its exactly what i alluded to at half...her stride is unlike most. Its why defenders seem to be snatching at air when they attempt a tackle on her.

And its why i said im watching her at start of game. She can break down a defense in an instant.

Slight contact in the box where a player obviously falls too late after the contact is made is called almost never....

Agree on Lavelle, it seems at times she just floats out there, and she very much understands the concept of pace, she is the incredible with the ball on her foot. I think her and Heath are the most exciting players on the team.....

not a big kickball fan, but watching the women.... worth it.

I forgot to post about this very subject post game.
The women's game has progressed so much in just 20 years. Their technique, technical skill level, stamina and strategy have become really fun to watch. It's legit. And these women are really good.

I forgot to post about this very subject post game.
The women's game has progressed so much in just 20 years. Their technique, technical skill level, stamina and strategy have become really fun to watch. It's legit. And these women are really good.

Watched a couple skills highlight videos earlier today. There was some filth.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom