Women's World Cup '19 (1 Viewer)

How in the hell can you claim that when they haven't been truly challenged at all in this first match? If they let Sweden score 3-4 against them next week you might have a case but based on this match you just have no basis to make the claim.
I’ll tell you how the hell I can claim this. I follow the team pretty closely and have probably forgotten more about soccer than you will ever know.
You realize this isn’t the first game this team has played, right?

Here are rankings and groups

Group A
France 4
Norway 12
Nigeria 38
South Korea 14

Group B
Spain 13
Germany 2
China PR 16
South Africa 49

Group C
Brazil 10
Italy 15
Austalia 6
Jamaica 53

Group D
England 3
Argentina 37
Japan 7
Scotland 20

Group E
Canada 5
Netherlands 8
New Zealand 19
Cameroon 46

Group F
United States 1
Thailand 34
Sweden 9
Chile 39

We even have a lower ranked team in our group
FIFA rankings are an absolute joke. Trust me, Thailand is the weakest team in the tourney.

As the US gets deeper into the tourney we might see some high scoring matches. The back line is leaky and goalkeeping is questionable.
yeah this is what i saw in the tuneups
i'll be nervous about decent counter attacking teams
we should be able to outscore anyone
but we all know that on any given day those goalposts can get kinda magnetic and some shots just don't find the net

yikes
what is this 4 goals in 6 minutes
don't know if i've ever see anything like this

oh come one - 7-0 and they bring in Carli??

yeah this is what i saw in the tuneups
i'll be nervous about decent counter attacking teams
we should be able to outscore anyone
but we all know that on any given day those goalposts can get kinda magnetic and some shots just don't find the net
Which is why I have Zero issue with the score.

In a tourney such as the cup, confidence is key for your goal scorers. You don't have time to find it. Had any of those been off the mark, or just not taken, when it comes to them when it really counts, they will second guess/think and that 1/2 second is a goal or not.

Which is why I have Zero issue with the score.

In a tourney such as the cup, confidence is key for your goal scorers. You don't have time to find it. Had any of those been off the mark, or just not taken, when it comes to them when it really counts, they will second guess/think and that 1/2 second is a goal or not.
no doubt
the commentators were talking about the subs being offensive - what would be the point of defensive subs in this match? thailand can't get it past the mid
let the shooters shoot - we'll need them in the 16

She didn't play much, but I really like what Rose Lavelle brings to the team. She's pacey and active in the midfield. Might be the creative true #10 we've needed.

no doubt
the commentators were talking about the subs being offensive - what would be the point of defensive subs in this match? thailand can't get it past the mid
let the shooters shoot - we'll need them in the 16

Most of the commentators saying this weren't players...Most players and people who have some experience with soccer totally understand....Goal differential counts in the World Cup (as with most tourneys)....freakin duh!!!!! Those morons who spout that garbage are taking a position to make things oh so interesting....very dissappointed in that coverage, the woman's team and World Cup deserve better....

Most of the commentators saying this weren't players...Most players and people who have some experience with soccer totally understand....Goal differential counts in the World Cup (as with most tourneys)....freakin duh!!!!! Those morons who spout that garbage are taking a position to make things oh so interesting....very dissappointed in that coverage, the woman's team and World Cup deserve better....
i think that was Dellacamera and Wagner last night - she had to do whatever the inverse of mansplaining is when he wanted the game called right at 90'
she was like 'uh, goal differential, hoss' -- to his credit he agreed and dropped it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom