Women's World Cup '19 (1 Viewer)

I understand where you are coming from, I really do, I like the idea of "act like you've been there before".(here it comes) BUT telling athletes when and how they can celebrate scoring tends to end up with things like people calling the NFL the No Fun League and the dreaded unwritten rules of baseball. I'm more about let em celebrate and let em moan the blues when somebody else celebrates in THEIR face.

I don’t think it’s about telling anyone when and how to celebrate. It’s more about situational awareness and some sportsmanship. Thailand was so overmatched its a wonder how they made the tourney. It was like watching the 1992 Dream Team play Angola. After the 5th goal, dial it down.

This is a lot better to discuss than if that game had been like 4-2.

I don’t think it’s about telling anyone when and how to celebrate. It’s more about situational awareness and some sportsmanship. Thailand was so overmatched its a wonder how they made the tourney. It was like watching the 1992 Dream Team play Angola. After the 5th goal, dial it down.

This is a lot better to discuss than if that game had been like 4-2.
Again ‘92 dream team
Just straight demolished countries
and/but treated them like any other opponent
I had very mixed feelings at the time but I’m almost certain that was a defining moment for global b-ball growth

If I’m guessing Thailand and similar teams will become much better bc of this

Buckle in people, Australia needs a win or tie to survive.

This is gonna be good

giphy.gif

There sure seem to be a lot of own-goals in this tournament already.

There sure seem to be a lot of own-goals in this tournament already.
2018 men's tourney

Joy and despair are the closest of neighbors during the World Cup as emotions swing on every shot. The tension is so high it's cruel when bad luck rears up, and own goals are one way that can happen.

If the number of own goals are any indication, this World Cup is already among the cruelest in history. There were five own goals through the first 20 group-stage games, 11 percent of the total goals scored.

Italy just beat Jamaica 5-nil
Italy was celebrating every goal with great joy and dancing and group hoopla
I betcha a million monopoly dollars and half a lemon Bismarck donut that you will not hear a word from concerned sports news sources about Italy celebrating too much

Correa is doing one of the best goalkeeping jobs you will ever see right now. \
Standing on her head

Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom