Wonder if we would look at WR in draft? (1 Viewer)

Calivin Johnson should bea top 3 pick! We draft the best player period. Ok no RBs, QBs, DEs in the first round. Other than that it's open. That's how you get better. If a great WR falls to us then so bed it. You can't just take your biggest need (say CB) if the value is not there. You try to address needs in FA and draft the best player.

Fact is this is a bad draft for LBs and a so-so draft for CBs (especially first round calibar.) So don't be shocked if we draft a WR or OT (especially if we lose Stinchomb) depending on what happens.

Definitely need a TE, but if we can go after Tony Gonzales when he becomes a free agent this year we could go in another direct. Brees and company might be able to lure him into the Saints fold.

Tony Gonzales signed a 5 year extension with KC....he's off the market.

Ugh. Forget I spoke. I just looked up NFL Draft Countdown and they have Jeff Samardzija going at No.10 in Round 1. I guess other people like him, too.

Samardzija just signed a $10 million deal with the Cubs to pitch....he's made his decision to play baseball. Football is no longer an option...he's off the market.

problem with getting rid of Devery is that it leaves us with colston and copper - Horn be he with the saints or not next year cant be counted on for 16 games, not that any player can promise no injuries, Horn is likely to be injured next season, and Payton seems strict on how injured players dont play.

Devery is really playing his second year (1.5 actually) , he didnt play as a rook, and only played near the end last year - not sure what his contract is like (he was a second rounder) but i would bring him back because he can catch the deep pass and will improve having played all year, Mike D reported during the season Devery was still nervous - i look at this year as Devery's rookie year - and when you add another reciever that is an upgrade to copper - it will help Devery - also Colston will have more expirence.

what we need is a WR\KR - take the majority of the PR away from RB and who knows what will happen to Lewis, he was ok, but can you keep a player who only returns kicks (only kick offs at that) , i didnt see his impact on cover teams and he didnt play any WR to speak of

I think we should keep Dev as our #3.

That would give us three young threats at WR: Colston, Bowe, and Dev. With Deuce and Reggie, and a servicable TE..............I'd hate to be a DC against us!!

I think we'd top the "greatest show on turf".

Henderson is fine. He just needs to keep working on his hands/concentration. Still he gives you that big play ability.
If the right guy were to fall to us and Payton thinks he can help, then grab him. A guy like Bowe at #27 wouldn't be a terrible pick. He's big, fast, and an excellent blocker. He has been shakey with his hands, but he does have good hands.

I hope we use FA to shore up problem spots: CB, LB, DT, TE. Then you pick the best avail. at whatever spot we pick. I really think that's the best way to build a team. If you pick a CB in the first, there is no promises that he's better than Fred T. next year.

Keeping the salary cap in mind, we can get a proven CB in FA and draft another on the first day. MM is great, but we have to think of depth and the future. MM is only 30, but he can't do it forever.

I'd rather get a few proven guys to shore up the CB/DE/LB position and draft for depth at each of those positions. That way, we don't have to roll the dice on such risky drafting. We already know what we're getting in a FA.

Mike Furrey is an ufa this offseason. He's very consistent with his hands and he is sneaky fast. I'd like to give him a look.

Henderson is fine. He just needs to keep working on his hands/concentration. Still he gives you that big play ability.
If the right guy were to fall to us and Payton thinks he can help, then grab him. A guy like Bowe at #27 wouldn't be a terrible pick. He's big, fast, and an excellent blocker. He has been shakey with his hands, but he does have good hands.

I hope we use FA to shore up problem spots: CB, LB, DT, TE. Then you pick the best avail. at whatever spot we pick. I really think that's the best way to build a team. If you pick a CB in the first, there is no promises that he's better than Fred T. next year.

If we could address the CB/LB positions in Free Agency then I think Bowe would be a good pick here. His has were shaky in the past, but not this season. After he got eye surgery this past offseason he's pretty much caught everything thrown in his direction. I've got the same eyesight he had presurgery and I couldn't imagine trying to catch a football with that eyesight. I would love to be able to address most of our needs in Free Agency and that would allow us to draft BPA during the draft.

"Wonder if we would look at WR in draft?"

Um.......YES. :p

The day we draft a wr in the 1st round is the day we sign a 350+ lbs DT that can do a backflip. Don't get your hopes up, won't happen. I know this 'cause I know football.

You guys love some Walt Thomas don't you? Its not like he's the second coming of Chuck Norris or anything. *looks over shoulder*

I think Henderson will be a great slot receiver because he's always a deep threat. I think his hands will improve as he gains confidence. Like someone else said.. last year was basically his rookie season. I just hope we don't lose him if he does do well this year. Isn't this his last year (or next to last) under contract?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom