Wonder if we would look at WR in draft? (1 Viewer)

Craig Walker

WHO DAT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Probably not first round, but on first day. Colston will be #1 guy for some time, but:

Joe's not going to be here forever.

Henderson [and I'm an LSU fan] isn't getting it done. He catches like he's wearing boxing gloves.

I'm not sure anyone else on the roster is a #2 when Joe retires.

We need a speed/deep threat badly to stretch the field.

If we could get a field stretching TE, may open up field.....

I would draft a Tight End.

Definitely need a TE, but if we can go after Tony Gonzales when he becomes a free agent this year we could go in another direct. Brees and company might be able to lure him into the Saints fold.

rather have a corner with the first round pick. We need more help on defense than on offense.

It all would depend on the development of Chase Lyman. I know he is on the practice squad. But if the guy starts proving himself in practice, I would not be surprised to see him in the current roster by december.

I do think that with our four draft choices of day one we will go one linebacker and two cornerbacks. Defensive tackle and tight end are the other options.

I really want to lock Charles Grant to a long term contract by the end of the season. If not, we may be looking defensive end again with our first round pick next year.

Were going to have to draft one in the mid rounds.

Devery is done as far as I can tell. He barely played yesterday and when he did finally get in he dropped a crucial pass that killed one of our comeback drives.

Were going to have to draft one in the mid rounds.

Devery is done as far as I can tell. He barely played yesterday and when he did finally get in he dropped a crucial pass that killed one of our comeback drives.

Devery disappointed me yesterday. I hope they give Beerman some time at the 3rd spot.

Speaking of the beerman, man is he a difference maker or what. He immediatly came in and gave us 15+ yards of field position everytime he touched the ball on kickoffs. He should of been returning punts to. Hopefully he does now that reggie is hurt.

If he can step back in on kickoffs so easy I hope he still has his sure hands at WR like he did in 2002-2004.

I Blieve That We Should Draft A Dt Round 1 And Then Focus Own Cb In The 2 Round Look For A Top Notch Linbacker And Tightend In Freeagency Look For A Speedy Reciver In The 3 Round And 4 -7 Round Work Own Depth At Postions That The Coaching Staff Feels That Need The Most Help

It all would depend on the development of Chase Lyman. I know he is on the practice squad. But if the guy starts proving himself in practice, I would not be surprised to see him in the current roster by december.

I do think that with our four draft choices of day one we will go one linebacker and two cornerbacks. Defensive tackle and tight end are the other options.

I really want to lock Charles Grant to a long term contract by the end of the season. If not, we may be looking defensive end again with our first round pick next year.
I was wondering the same thing, maybe Chase isnt doing to well to warrant being called up, but he has to be an upgrade over Jamal Jones and would be a great slot reciever at 6'3 215pds...but he obviously not doing something, but remember guys all the draft picks we have this coming draft so we are gonna patch up some holes.

I often daydream while at work and I just had one concerning our draft. I know we need a CB in the worst way, but what if we traded one of our 3rd round picks(pending stallworth re-signs) and our first pick to someone for a top15 pick in order to get a Patrick Willis?

You can find good good or even great WR's in the later rounds. Just look at players like Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, T.O., and of course Colston. I think we need to go with a CB or MLB in the first round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom