Saints Wondering if crow is on the menu for some WhoDats on Sunday 🤔 (1 Viewer)

Cutout penalties and turnovers and this will give us a chance to be competitive at least. It seems like every drive we have these stupid penalties that stop us in our tracks. Oh yeah and start making FGs would help as well

This is 100% false. In 2017, we headed to London after destroying the 2-0 Panthers on the road.
Another thing there too while we were 0-2 we didn’t play that bad vs. Minny that Pats game we played we got down big fast but that team did not give up. Defense rose up in the 2nd half and Brees was almost single handedly forcing them to comeback. There was a spark there.

This year we are missing that spark and fire in our play. We are missing Payton. For the first time really since that three game home
Loosing streak back in 2014 we just aren’t playing with passion.

People seem to forget that we were 1-2 heading into Miami in 2017, looking objectively bad in the process. Backfield was a mess, Brees looked done, secondary situation was below optimistic to put it nicely, and people were calling for Payton's head. Things seemed to click in week 4 against Miami in London. So, yeah, there's history there. People are writing this team off way too early.
The only caution I’d ad is that in ‘17 we had Coach Payton and Drew. I do have confidence in Coach Allen but he still needs to show he can get this team playing like they are capable of playing! That includes fixing all of the self defeating penalties and the poor play calling. Can we do that - yes, will we ?

I think Dalton will be the spark the offense needs. Quick decisions, audibles and accuracy will get the offense moving forward. If not, I will eat crow and start looking at the draft.

I think Dalton will be the spark the offense needs. Quick decisions, audibles and accuracy will get the offense moving forward. If not, I will eat crow and start looking at the draft.
Why don't we hold off that till next week. This doesn't look like a great 1st game for Dalton with no Peat and MT.

Big difference is in that game there was a Brees, Payton and M.T leading the way. Plus Miami was really bad.

Yes I believe Saints can pull off a win but it will be much harder to do so

Time will tell.

I believe this team will turn it around, starting in London.

If I have to chew black feathers… so be it.

:gosaints:
Let me hit what u working with too! It's Friday- yeah!

Team has lots of talent, they need to get their mojo going, cut out dumb mistakes, get a break here and there and get some nice play calling. They can beat anybody on game day if they play their game and get beat by anybody if they don't.

Will be very interesting to see if Dalton can do anything with pre-snap reads or not. the Offense has been pathetic the first half in each game this year.

What’s with the crow? It’s a fact that Winston has an accumulation of pretty serious injuries that affect is comfort in the pocket and his accuracy. It’s a fact there was very little practice time they had together as a starting offensive unit. They are working their way through it. I don’t think too many people are not cognizant of those facts. So they are struggling. That’s to be expected

People seem to forget that we were 1-2 heading into Miami in 2017, looking objectively bad in the process. Backfield was a mess, Brees looked done, secondary situation was below optimistic to put it nicely, and people were calling for Payton's head. Things seemed to click in week 4 against Miami in London. So, yeah, there's history there. People are writing this team off way too early.
I think it's time to quit bringing up the Sean Payton/Drew Brees era. Those days are gone & this current bunch now is no comparison.

This resonates with me. On a personal level, in 2017, I convinced a friend of mine to come with me to the US to attend three games in-person. He was a casual fan at best but he agreed. Then we had the horrible start to the season where we were completely uncompetitive in the first two games and I thought that we were going to traipse around the country only to watch the Saints get beat up. We got together and watched the London game at midnight our time in a bar. Starting that night, we ended up turning things around, having a great season and he is now a fan for life (we even got matching FDL tattoos on our return in 2019).

This time around, I have convinced my girlfriend to attend four games. She wouldn't have watched a whole game in her life. The Saints have looked bad for all but one quarter in the first three weeks. We'll be watching the London game Sunday night our time, albeit probably not in a bar.

The symmetry bodes well. Don't like my chances of her getting a tattoo though.

Don't forget how well 2018 synced up with 2009, minus the obvious thing that doesn't need to be mentioned.

Lost to the same 3 opponents in the regular season. Number 1 seed in the NFC. Defeated the previous season's NFC champs in the divisional round of the playoffs.

I could do with some 2017 similarities as long as we don't have to see a crappy miracle finish from the opposition to slam the door on it.

I’ve seen Saints season turnaround before. And before the did many said the season was done. Payton was old hat. Brees wasn’t good enough anymore.

The reasons are difffent but we lack as much hindsight as during the poor starts before.

Just gotta make our way forward somehow.

On the up side, we don't have to face Mike Zimmer's defense.

Btw........Mike Zimmer will be Sean's DC, where ever he is coaching next year. Dallas????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom