Wont Be Delusional (1 Viewer)

Looked like more situational football to me. I highly doubt Harris would be the 3rd corner. I would think it's either Swann, or Crawley because of his size and athleticism, plus the fact that he has seemed to make more plays both in games and practice.

This was just the perfect storm of the Saints going against that offense, in a hurry up, while they picked on a young corner that will probably be further down the depth chart. Seemed like Pittsburgh game planned this a lil bit more.

The o-line is indeed a worry though.

Don't forget the team we are playing is one of tbe best in the league. Not trying to make excuses but they are as good as anybody.

Which is the type of product we should expect to see on the field for our side. 3 years of Meh is going to suck.

I was hoping by some miracle this would be a better team then last season. But I can't see that happening at this point.

Reality is we just are not very good and we will be in for a rough season if we expect this team to be anything more than mediocre. So better to understand that now and try to temper some of the in-season aggravation.

Like always we will win a few just to make sure we don't have a great 1st round pick leaving us even more disappointed.

I wanted to say something positive but G2 just threw the ball 5 feet on the wrong side of Murphy for an INT. Before that we had 2 attempts to get a single yard and couldn't do it. Idk. Could be a long year.

8 preseason losses in a row now... :jpshakehead:

Last preseason win was in Aug 2014...

While some dismiss the importance of preseason, it does provide confidence or lack-of based on the results (generally).

Atleast using the last two seasons as examples for this organization, it has guided the way the season has panned out unfortunantley

I love this team to death and will continue to support them. However, I'm not one to ignore the obvious anymore. This team has 7-9 written all over it. We have a weak pass rush, holes in the secondary, a weak offensive line, and an over all lack of talent. Don't get your hopes up.

Look, preseason is preseason but it was Payton who said that getting off to a good start and establishing a winning attitude was important this preseason. Instead his team has looked lethargic and disorganized. I agree with those who see the offensive line as a huge problem. They've looked like a train wreck. You have a 38-year-old QB in the twilight of his productive years and you are going to stand him up behind that unit? What are you thinking? O-line should have been a top priority in the draft and in free agency.

At this point, looking at our drafting over the past five years, considering all the dead money we've got on the books, and considering the glaring weaknesses we have failed to address either by trade or in free agency, I've got some serious concerns about our talent evaluation. I hope this preseason is an illusion in the same way that bad teams can go 4-0 then stink in the regular season. But watching the individual battles in the trenches, I just don't see the talent level you need to be a playoff team. Hope I'm wrong.

Don't forget the team we are playing is one of tbe best in the league. Not trying to make excuses but they are as good as anybody.

As good as anybody? With possibly the worst secondary in the NFL? Well, last year they were bottom three and their fans don't think they have improved in the secondary. They are good, but it's really only that offense if we are going off last year. Their run D was top 5 but only because EVERYONE in the world threw on them. Fortunately for Pittsburgh they played in the AFC last year which was a down year for the conference.

Man, I think 6-10 is being generous. Based on what I've seen I wouldn't be surprised to see a 3 or 4 win season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to say something positive but G2 just threw the ball 5 feet on the wrong side of Murphy for an INT. Before that we had 2 attempts to get a single yard and couldn't do it. Idk. Could be a long year.
Yeah, I'm sittin here sayin "Oh we'll get this". Stopped twice. Kuhn would have got that yard I think.

Perhaps the reason Mickey wont extend Drew is for the simple reason he knows the Offensive Line is horrendous which will result in Drew being injured adding to the astronomical dead money:aargh:

Look, preseason is preseason but it was Payton who said that getting off to a good start and establishing a winning attitude was important this preseason. Instead his team has looked lethargic and disorganized. I agree with those who see the offensive line as a huge problem. They've looked like a train wreck. You have a 38-year-old QB in the twilight of his productive years and you are going to stand him up behind that unit? What are you thinking? O-line should have been a top priority in the draft and in free agency.

At this point, looking at our drafting over the past five years, considering all the dead money we've got on the books, and considering the glaring weaknesses we have failed to address either by trade or in free agency, I've got some serious concerns about our talent evaluation. I hope this preseason is an illusion in the same way that bad teams can go 4-0 then stink in the regular season. But watching the individual battles in the trenches, I just don't see the talent level you need to be a playoff team. Hope I'm wrong.

100% agreed :9:

This is a cap strapped team. We have 2 franchise type contracts parked on the sidelines in the way of dead cap space. I want to see what we can do next offseason when it all comes off the books, but yeah, we have been bad with our money, and it is showing on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom