Wont Be Delusional (1 Viewer)

rippa

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Preseason Game Three, is as close to a season game as there will be, in terms of preparation, and the amount of game time starters will play.

Thus far, the saints are getting dominated in every facet of the game. Essentially just an extension from last season.

Over the past 2 games, and including this, the offensive line is weak, the defensive line without Sheldon, will now suffer significantly, and well we know generally, our Defense is always last in the league.

This team will go 6-10 at best. Changes must occur at the top. Ironically, I cannot think of a coach who has had two losing seasons and then being rewarded with a contract extension :(

Players have changed on this team, the coaches have not.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...hick-third-preseason-game-nothing-like-season

"I don't. I don't know what that means," Belichick said. "In terms of playing time it might be a little different, but in terms of game-planning and strategy, what we see in the regular season compared to what we see the in third preseason game I don't even think you're in the same universe. We're still running our basic plays and we'd expect our opponents would run their basic plays. You get to the opener and start to get to game-planning and scheme, I mean you're in a totally different ballpark, in my opinion. I don't see any comparison at all. It's too far away, I don't see how you could compare them, from that standpoint.

Preseason Game Three, is as close to a season game as there will be, in terms of preparation, and the amount of game time starters will play.

Thus far, the saints are getting dominated in every facet of the game. Essentially just an extension from last season.

Over the past 2 games, and including this, the offensive line is weak, the defensive line without Sheldon, will now suffer significantly, and well we know generally, our Defense is always last in the league.

This team will go 6-10 at best. Changes must occur at the top. Ironically, I cannot think of a coach who has had two losing seasons and then being rewarded with a contract extension :(

Our corners have been in position on their 2 big plays. Just need to find the ball. O line definitely looks shaky. I'm not seeing 6-10 though. They are better than that.

What's funny is that the people who try to see realistically (not be cynical..yeah, shocking there IS a difference) are labeled negative and delusional.

Guys, it's not the end of the world. We aren't spectacular this season. We're not even really good. We're pretty average. 8-8 with a possible sneak into the playoffs would be a good year. 7-9 would be as expected. Look at where most people are ranking us. It's not because they hate new orleans or have some vendetta against what the saints could be. We just really aren't drastically improved in any area.

Defense is slightly improved but still susceptible..injuries on the line don't help us..Offensive line is horrendous and this will cause us to have one of the worst run offenses and possibly jeopardize Brees' health until we can stabilize and excel there.

Don't forget the team we are playing is one of tbe best in the league. Not trying to make excuses but they are as good as anybody.

so if Saints are high enough in the draft do you go with Deshaun Watson or Myles Garrett?

What's funny is that the people who try to see realistically (not be cynical..yeah, shocking there IS a difference) are labeled negative and delusional.

Guys, it's not the end of the world. We aren't spectacular this season. We're not even really good. We're pretty average. 8-8 with a possible sneak into the playoffs would be a good year. 7-9 would be as expected. Look at where most people are ranking us. It's not because they hate new orleans or have some vendetta against what the saints could be. We just really aren't drastically improved in any area.

Defense is slightly improved but still susceptible..injuries on the line don't help us..Offensive line is horrendous and this will cause us to have one of the worst run offenses and possibly jeopardize Brees' health until we can stabilize and excel there.

Exactly. Not trying to be a downer, just manage expectations to prevent any surprises

6-10 at best? Nah, we'll figure out a way to win 7 games somehow.

I'm not going to disagree with what you are saying though.

But I would say that this is a very young team. And it's not impossible, maybe not even that improbable that this team could grow as the season progresses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom