woody is leaving (1 Viewer)

Woody was funny, and would even admit when he was wrong. He also didn't have this air the he always had to be right and was all knowing. Even by the way he spoke he was inviting and entertaining. He also wasn't an enternal homer for certain teams and players.

Skip on the other hand....well lets not go there.

Woody is great because he'll rant for 20 minutes on something and not make a lick of sense ;) Skip is just plain awful. How did he get a job in sports???

just as long as skip bayless is still around

and yes i am a fan of skip bayless

Wow...an actual Skip Bayless fan. Thats rare :)

I'm curious as to why you like him. Not nec. that you had to hate him but what would actually make you a fan of his?

Wow...an actual Skip Bayless fan. Thats rare :)

I'm curious as to why you like him. Not nec. that you had to hate him but what would actually make you a fan of his?

I know some of his predictions and anaylists are usually out there

but the guy does get alot of things right, that other people would be considered crazy to say

and also he's the most hilarous man on espn

I know some of his predictions and anaylists are usually out there

but the guy does get alot of things right, that other people would be considered crazy to say

and also he's the most hilarous man on espn

how do you find him hilarous? just wondering because i think he is just annoying and trys to make bold predictions that are mentally challenged

Woody was funny, and would even admit when he was wrong. He also didn't have this air the he always had to be right and was all knowing. Even by the way he spoke he was inviting and entertaining. He also wasn't an enternal homer for certain teams and players.

Skip on the other hand....well lets not go there.

I agree 100%, Bonchie. I like Woody Paige, and I'll actually miss him on Cold Pizza in the mornings/early afternoons. I also agree 1000% about Skip Bayless. He's terrible. Seemingly all his botox-ed face can do is yell nonsensically about NOTHING AT ALL. He loves to take this moral high road about sports and effectively proclaim himself as this moral leader, doing very little analysis at all.

Woody actually tried to do his job well, instead of just functioning as a Devil's advocate against his opposite number. Let's hope that this leads to either Skip leaving or some sort of improvement in his approach to his job.

I'll always remember Woody Paige for sticking up for New Orleans and he gave very passionate arguments that the Saints and the Hornets should return to New Orleans. He was one of the few journalists on TV besides Terry Bradshaw that demanded that the Saints should return to New Orleans.

I like Woody, he is always for the Saints. He wore a Joe Horn jersey on Around the Horn and always speaks well of the Saints.

On ATH about 5 min ago they asked if the Seahawks were contenders in the NFC and Tim Calishaw said theyy aren't the best team in the conference (Bears) but they'll give the Cowboys a fight for their #2 spot. He said he thinks they'll beat out the Panthers, Giants, and Falcons (didn't think Saints would b in the mix). They all said the same basic thing. Woody took the day off.

Woody's predictions and analysis were out there but at least he came off as if he was joking around and trying to be a character. Skip Bayless on the other hand seems to be serious about his outlandish and crazy predictions and analysis.

Anyone who can watch anything on ESPN that is not an actual game for more than five minutes without changing the channel is probably mildly mentally challenged.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom