"Word on the Street" - aka Bar talk...

Thread starter #1

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Platinum VIP Contributor
Ratings
Has anyone else heard this?

Gossip is. That if Obama is elected president, that he will be assinated...

Politics is just one of those things that you talk about at a bar, over a beer with friends. But it does seem that this rumor has been getting around...

Joe

Banned #3

TGCousin

Very Banned
Has anyone else heard this?

Gossip is. That if Obama is elected president, that he will be assinated...

Politics is just one of those things that you talk about at a bar, over a beer with friends. But it does seem that this rumor has been getting around...

Joe
I have been hearing the exact same thing. I think he he get elected, you will have some nut to try and kill him. JMO

Banned #4

bop

Very Banned
Ratings
I live in Mississippi and I work at a prison that houses a lot of folks who might talk about doing such things and this is the first Ive heard of it.

Banned #10

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
so it's completely racial? Because I don't see what would make him more objectionable ideologically to the wingnuts than Kerry, Gore, Clinton, Dukakis, Mondale, etc....

Banned #13

Saintshizzle

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
It puzzles me that people will cry for tolerance, new age accpetance, Tiger Woods blah, blah, blah...

...and in the same breath entertain statements or conversations this morbid.

I guess we do have a long way to go.

Thorin

Idle
VIP Contributor
Ratings
It puzzles me that people will cry for tolerance, new age accpetance, Tiger Woods blah, blah, blah...

...and in the same breath entertain statements or conversations this morbid.

I guess we do have a long way to go.
I don't see it as people entertaining the idea so much as people being frightened that there are folks sick enough to do such a thing.

Banned #15

Saintshizzle

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Ratings
I don't see it as people entertaining the idea so much as people being frightened that there are folks sick enough to do such a thing.
Thorin, maybe so...

When you read something like this, regardless of your color, it is hard not to be cynical. For some, a conversation like this can feed an inner desire, without ever having to commit the act or witness it.