"Word on the Street" - aka Bar talk... (1 Viewer)

We currently have more than 301,000,000 citizens according to cia.gov.

It only takes one nut to do such a thing.

Remember the guy shooting an ak47 at the White House when Slick Willie was in office?

Remember the guy who tried to fly his airplane into the White House around that time as well?

The assassination attempt on Reagan?

It happens. There will always be some nut looking to make a name for himself.

The assassination attempt on Reagan?

It happens. There will always be some nut looking to make a name for himself.

That's not fair. That dude was trying to hook up with Jodie Foster.

Do we have a "Moderation On courtesy of your federal government" icon?

Yeah sure there's still predjuce out there, but I think that times have changed in the fact that in general people dont care so much as to what color the President is, but more so if that person will be able to make the best decisions. JMHO..

Agreed.

I actually wrote a response, but deleted it after reading Eeyores reply. Here it is:

This has far-reaching roots of racism and discrimination. There are a lot of black people that are seriously afraid of Obama getting into office (my sister is one), because they think he will be assassinated. I cannot remember reading or listening to anyone (especially at the volumes that I hear it now) talk about killing presidential candidates Reagan or Clinton. But, the "word on the street" (fitting urban term) was there alive-and-well when Jesse Jackson ran...I remember.

You see, this is same intimidation mthods that existed to keep blacks from voting, riding buses, attending schools and any other progresses you can name in our history. The door is opened, now, there is that guy (picture him with a gun) saying, "If you walk through that door, I am going to kill you."

But, alas, I read Eeyore's response and, well you know the rest.

Well he needs to make Dan Quayle his running mate. Seems to me that he was good protection for Bush Sr.. Nobody in their right or wrong mind for that matter wants that guy as the president.

Since Bush is still walking around, I think Obama is safe.

Agreed.

I actually wrote a response, but deleted it after reading Eeyores reply. Here it is:

This has far-reaching roots of racism and discrimination. There are a lot of black people that are seriously afraid of Obama getting into office (my sister is one), because they think he will be assassinated. I cannot remember reading or listening to anyone (especially at the volumes that I hear it now) talk about killing presidential candidates Reagan or Clinton. But, the "word on the street" (fitting urban term) was there alive-and-well when Jesse Jackson ran...I remember.

You see, this is same intimidation mthods that existed to keep blacks from voting, riding buses, attending schools and any other progresses you can name in our history. The door is opened, now, there is that guy (picture him with a gun) saying, "If you walk through that door, I am going to kill you."

But, alas, I read Eeyore's response and, well you know the rest.

shizzle, what makes you think that there aren't crazy racists out there that won't do it. racism is a live and well in this country. there are people of all race who hate other people of another race. there seems to be a trend in socal of hispanic/black hate crimes outside the normal gang crime against each other. there is a still a small number of racists out there and it only takes one to send us back to where we don't want to be.

i am sure the same rumor can be said of Hillary -- bottom line is that there are enough crazy people out there that something like the first black or women president would make them targets --

Yep, and she's dating the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

fosterDM1112_228x485.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom