Word Press Forms / Shopping Cart Advice (1 Viewer)

ClayT101

Tee Retriever
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hey ya'll. I do some basic wordpress sites...nothing too fancy. One recent one that I did used gravity forms to make a registration form for a convention that tied into paypal. It was nice, but not super user friendly imo. Do you all use anything similar or have any advice?

I used that one just recently. I did not find it as comprehensive as gravity forms. I think what I really need is a shopping cart, but I worry that might be overkill.

Can I ask what exactly what it is you are doing? Are you selling something or just receiving a payment as a fee to register?

Sure. It is registration for a small convention. But it also includes lots of variables, like do you want a shirt, do you want to pay for the buffet (separate from the registration), do you have family members that just want to go to the buffet, do you have entries in to the show (and then get in the particulars about the show). And then they have to pay.

Does contact form 7 tie into a database?

I just used contact form 7 for a very basic one. In this case it is registrations for a fish show. They just write in the text box what they are entering, what class, and then they submit and it takes them to paypal. They have to do some simple math on paypal themselves because I could not tie it to a cart. I did not spend too much time on it though.

Ok I see.
You need a lot more than a regular contact form.
I'm hardly an expert in coding, but I did a quick Google search of "can contact form 7 integrate with paypal".
There were a few results like a some Youtube Videos and even a Wordpress extension.
All I can say is check it out.

I actually have contact form 7 connected to paypal now. It will work for the time being, but I may have to go with something that has more features in the future.

I actually have contact form 7 connected to paypal now. It will work for the time being, but I may have to go with something that has more features in the future.

Well if I come across something I will be sure to let you know.

Good Luck!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom