Workers Were Forced To Attend Trump Rally (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

The Moose

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
That should be illegal.

So everyone at that rally was paid to be at it.

That is sad.

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
This is a prime example of why wildcat strikes are a very well should be an effective tool for workers in the future.

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
That should be illegal.

So everyone at that rally was paid to be at it.

That is sad.
Not the best way to look at it. The disgrace here is that the workers were effectively forced to use PTO to attend this stupid rally or lose pay for that time that they would have otherwise worked and been paid for hadn't our Big Wet Boy come to town.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To be fair, there were some mandatory safety type training events in the morning and they normally invite a well known speaker for the afternoon, if what I read is correct. However, Trump turned what should have been a celebration of American labor into a political event. Considering this was an official WH function, he should have kept politics out of it.

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
To be fair, there were some mandatory safety type training events in the morning and they normally invite a well known speaker for the afternoon, if what I read is correct. However, Trump turned what should have been a celebration of American labor into a political event. Considering this was an official WH function, he should have kept politics out of it.
Most companies, union or not, pay their hourly wage or salary employees for training. Kinda deflecting the issue here.

OP
OP
Saint Jack

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
He’s been President for nearly three years. There was no way this was just going to be a speech without politics.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Right, but it’s unethical and usually not done too much in the past by Presidents. They generally tended to behave, well, presidential during official speeches. Apparently that’s too much to ask from the current resident.

mt15

Subscribing Member
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Most companies, union or not, pay their hourly wage or salary employees for training. Kinda deflecting the issue here.
The issue was this wasn’t only a Trump rally that they were forced to attend, in fact it wasn’t a Trump rally at all. I agree the choice of speaker wasn’t great, and his turning it into a political speech was worse. But they weren’t forced to attend a “Trump rally”.

They were paid if they attended, they only had to use PTO if they wanted to get paid and didn’t attend. Or they had the option of taking a day without pay.

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
The issue was this wasn’t only a Trump rally that they were forced to attend, in fact it wasn’t a Trump rally at all. I agree the choice of speaker wasn’t great, and his turning it into a political speech was worse. But they weren’t forced to attend a “Trump rally”.

They were paid if they attended, they only had to use PTO if they wanted to get paid and didn’t attend. Or they had the option of taking a day without pay.
Right. That's the problem. The were forced into a catch 22 in which their pay was affected. That's bullshirt.

BarBar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I am reading that they were also forced to stand in one place for 8 hours straight. No chairs. No lunch. Not even a lunch break. Total BS. That's even hard on a young, healthy body much less when you are 40 plus. Walking around and working is one thing.

Anyway, to call this a training event is stupid. Anyone read some of the speech? What was he training them about, the emoluments clause and how he didn't violate it? Seems relevant to their job.

saintmdterps

Upon my soul I feel fine
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This was a political event masked as a day of training. Here's Donny Boy:

"I'm going to speak to some of your union leaders to say, 'I hope you're going to support Trump.' Okay?" Trump said. "And if they don't, vote them the hell out of office because they're not doing their job. It's true. It's true. Vote them out of office."

No, Dirtbag Donny, they're not doing their job if they DO support you. You're no friend of the working class. You've done everything you can to undermine the working class and the unions. I hope all working-class individuals see what a bill of goods you sold them and vote in a block to throw your slimy snake-oil salesman *** out of the White House.

Trump cannot keep politics and self-aggrandizement out of anything he does, because that's who he is. That this "training" was sponsored by Shell, who would dearly love to get into ANWAR and drill is no coincidence. Just more BS from the most loathsome administration in US history.

Edit: And required attendance at a political rally is yet another page out of the third-world strongman tinpot dictator handbook.

Last edited:

Richard

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
At the very least, I would think that Trump's politicizing of the speech should call into question whether it violated some campaign finance statutes. When he weighed into areas of the 2020 election and his potential opponents, it became a campaign speech.

The Moose

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Ok guys are we forgetting that Trump pays for nothing.

How do you have a rally in San Antonio in February and still not pay for it? It is not his money but still gonna bleed people.

This new way fixes the problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom