World Cup 2022 - Qatar (with SR Pick'Em league) (2 Viewers)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
NOTE - If you want to join the Pick'Em pool, here is the link - this is the same site that hosted the SR Survivor Bowl in 2021, so you probably already have a log-in account. Please use your SR screen-name (or something similar) as your entry: https://www.runyourpool.com/p/j/5e7cec8604fe42cead17fac0c372c2d8

I suspect we will continue to use the USMNT thread for all-things USMNT, but the rest of the tournament will bring much discussion.

And so I guess the World Cup is going to start in less than two weeks. It's all very bizarre - no one seems to be talking about it. Forced to be held in November because (*shocker) it gets really hot in Qatar in the summer when the WC is traditionally played, the national squads are being impacted by club play and late injuries.

Then there's the matter of Qatar itself, with the tournament being built on questionable human rights and labor practices, and then you have the official Qatari FIFA Ambassador on German TV this weekend reiterating that homosexuality is a crime in Qatar because it is viewed under Islamic law as "damage to the mind." This has, in-turn, prompted many players to speak out and some will wear armbands during the tournament in support of gay rights worldwide.

And with that backdrop, the tournament will begin Sunday, Nov. 20 at 11am EST with the host nation playing Ecuador as Group A begins. Match times in the US for the group stage will be 5am, 11am, 2pm, and 5pm Eastern Time. The US will play all three group stage matches at 2pm EST starting with Wales on Monday, 11/21, then what will be a huge TV draw, the match vs. England on 11/25, and rounding out the group stage vs. Iran on 11/29.

All matches will be carried on the Fox networks (FOX, FS1) but also streaming on Peacock.

Full US TV Schedule:

Standings Page (for quick reference when the tournament gets going):

Official World Cup Site:

Last edited:
I’m looking forward to it - it’s around my bday and tgiving is one of my favorite holidays
Obviously the where when why is a huge issue (and usmnt recent bad form, loads of injuries)
But I’m stoked

It certainly will give us a welcome distraction from the dumpster fire that is the Saints. I’m definitely looking forward to that.

It's a sportgasm for fans of the NHL, NBA, NFL and college football/basketball, and now the World Cup. So many sports options to watch.

It's a sportgasm for fans of the NHL, NBA, NFL and college football/basketball, and now the World Cup. So many sports options to watch.

I truly dont know how im going to get any work done for those 2 weeks of group play.

I truly dont know how im going to get any work done for those 2 weeks of group play.
My job is to test the software developed for internet, residential gateways. So streaming video is tested. It may not look like I'll be working, but as long as there's something streaming, I'm "working".

My job is to test the software developed for internet, residential gateways. So streaming video is tested. It may not look like I'll be working, but as long as there's something streaming, I'm "working".

I have dual monitors. So ill have one with match on and other for work. But when US or Swiss are playing, take a message. :)

( but my assistant has been with me for over 8 years, she already knows the drill lol )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom