World Cup 2022 - Qatar (with SR Pick'Em league) (3 Viewers)

This is the first time I want to say I’ve watched an entire soccer game, I found it enjoying to watch. Are most games like this or is the play more aggressive because it’s World Cup? Plus what does this tie do to the chances of USA advancing?
For me it's similar to watching playoff baseball versus regular season baseball where it just seems so much more intense throughout in a playoff game because every little moment could be where the game changes and the greatly increased impact of what that means.

I ain’t even mad - this is what I didn’t want but that was a good match
Can’t even fault greggg, game plan workedish (but he still has much splainin to do about Gio)
Turner found feet???!?!
We were even the slightly better side
McGuire’s stupid fat head all up in our goal
CP much better on corners
Pretty much shut down Kane

Lalas is exactly wrong about Zimmerman

Digesting this tie...yeah I think the boys elevated their game. Found good partnering, recognized how England wanted to defend and attack and worked to counter that. Much more attention to detail here. I thought Wright did well, but obvious not the focal point.

I'm suspecting we see Gio start and possibly BA over Weah. I think BA energy to get back and defend is invaluable. At least that's what I'd like to see.

This is the first time I want to say I’ve watched an entire soccer game, I found it enjoying to watch. Are most games like this or is the play more aggressive because it’s World Cup? Plus what does this tie do to the chances of USA advancing?
If we beat Iran, we advance...

All I could find. Something stinks.

Either Gregg is playing coy with Gio carrying injury, or in fact, his scheme doesn't fit Gios ability.

I have to think this game, Gio and BA come in at half. Have to. If we don't see them at all or very late, I start questioning Berhalters tactical ability.

We will see.

Berhalter is an idiot. They played brilliantly today and IMO would have gotten a goal with the right players on the pitch in the 1st half…

He is clearly not hurt as he came on in like the 75th minute….Having McKinnie, Pulisic and Reyna on the pitch on the same time might be a good idea if our manager had a freakin clue…..

Hats off to the players today, they got a draw against a better team despite their coach….

I have been protesting this Cup due to the locale and the wont watch it - except the US

I was at multiple games in 94 - GER v SKorea (Klinsmann and Lotar Matthaus) but super lucky enough to have been at US v Columbia which hooked my dad on Sam’s Army (he hated soccer up until that game despite the fact both my brother and I played in HS)

Anyway, after today’s results the US’s second round path is clear, beat Iran, but this all but guaranteed a Round of 16 as a Runner up. I do worry about Iran, which them knowing they advance with anything other than a loss. They are not going to take any risks. I still think we get the result and advance.

Our hope to win the group rests now that Wales beats England. That ain’t happening I don’t think.

Winning the group assured a better matchup as the Runner-up in our Group gets The Netherlands and there isn’t a lot of hope there.

I will say if it plays out as I foresee, earning 5 points in the Opening Round and a second round berth is a successful Cup for sure. Anything on top would be lagniappe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom