World Cup 2022 - Qatar (with SR Pick'Em league) (1 Viewer)

outside Frankie De Jong in midfield, they dont have one.

They play a ton thru him and if we can eliminate his ability to create, it will be a closer game than many think. I really thought Ecuador would make it thru based on work rate, but Senegal was up to the task ( running step for step for 90 ) and they seemed to wear down late.

Agree- Robninson had a tad too much adrenaline today. Several heavy touches...but i think the weight of game was part of it and the desire. Pressure is off now.

Should be entertaining match Sat am.
Maybe employ a tactic like we did against England to keep Declan Rice from kicking off their attacks with line cutting passes to Bellingham and Mount.

Gakpo has been on a tear, though.

When they just decided to unofficially add another minute of stoppage time on top of 9 minutes(!) of stoppage time so they could make two more runs at the US goal .. I mean, what?!?

Also. My thankfully wrong prediction of losing (or not advancing) on a BS penalty came *thisclose* to happening. Alhamdulillah!

When they just decided to unofficially add another minute of stoppage time on top of 9 minutes(!) of stoppage time so they could make two more runs at the US goal .. I mean, what?!?

It was certainly frustrating, but they've been doing that all tournament. FIFA made it a point of emphasis to make sure there are a full 90 minutes of playing time.

Right and this team, outside of Ream, will all be coming into their prime in 2026. Thats why getting this experience in the knockout round was so huge.

It's so freaking gratifying to see a young team with this much talent, and the pipeline seems pretty solid. 2026 could be a special year.

For me, the quality of play in the WC so far is way below top level club sides to be honest. You just aren’t watching the right games and probably aren’t as invested emotionally.
Well I don’t watch much soccer, actually I’m still learning. From my point of view this is great even the couple other matches I’ve watched were good. What teams would you suggest besides PSG (that’s about the only one I know) my son absolutely loves Messi

I can’t wait to tell him we won after he gets out of school

It's so freaking gratifying to see a young team with this much talent, and the pipeline seems pretty solid. 2026 could be a special year.

if we can somehow have one of the fringe guys or current guys ( Pepi, Josh, Wright, etc ) or another we arent quite hearing about just yet, come into true striker form, watch out.

Our players will have ANOTHER 4 years of top level club play, but more importantly- cohesion. So much of this game is knowing who is going where and when and understanding of how to get it to them, without hesitation or picking head up.

So excited for this young group. Immense sense of accomplishment for them- has to be. They all should be so very proud. And tip o cap to Berhalter. For all the negative remarks after Wales, the plan v Eng and now today, high praise.

On a side note - I feel bad for the Iranian players - who knows what sort of hell they're going back to after losing to the Great Satan and making headlines for anti-regime behavior. Talk about a long plane ride home.

Word is their families were threatened after they didn't sing the national anthem in their first game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom