World Cup 2022 - Qatar (with SR Pick'Em league) (1 Viewer)

if we can somehow have one of the fringe guys or current guys ( Pepi, Josh, Wright, etc ) or another we arent quite hearing about just yet, come into true striker form, watch out.

Our players will have ANOTHER 4 years of top level club play, but more importantly- cohesion. So much of this game is knowing who is going where and when and understanding of how to get it to them, without hesitation or picking head up.

So excited for this young group. Immense sense of accomplishment for them- has to be. They all should be so very proud. And tip o cap to Berhalter. For all the negative remarks after Wales, the plan v Eng and now today, high praise.

I'm not a huge Bernhalter fan, but he got the team through qualifying and now group play... I respect results and he got them.

For those not watching the postgame, they just said Pulisic was taken to the hospital with an abdomen injury. Not sure if that was just procedure or what. But that doesnt sound good going forward.

We'll just have to see if he practices Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. DA will not put him on IR.

We should absolutely play loose and free. I expect us to play well and give the Dutch a scare they aren’t expecting. But unless Matt Turner stands on his head I just don’t think we have the ability to possess the ball enough to come out with a result.

@efil4stnias - I do like the optimism in the line “outside of Frenkie de Jong..” that is awesome. He’s a problem we don’t have an answer for.

That said, this is where being so young is an advantage. Our side isn’t going to have the weight of their nation on them. A loss to the US is embarrassing. A loss to the US in the elimination rounds of the WC gets coaching staffs fired. If the US can find ourselves in a tie game in like the 78th minute, and Turner is dealing, there will be a counter chance due to the exceptionally weak left mid.

Again I am not bashing us. We have had an amazing WC so far and really have now set up to make noise in ‘26. Win or lose on Saturday, our boys have done the nation proud.

And I don’t think it can go understated how much everyone wants to beat us - especially countries with which we are at political odds. Beating the US today to put Iran into the second round would have been a national celebration; like could have stopped the government protests temporarily kind of celebration.

On a side note - I feel bad for the Iranian players - who knows what sort of hell they're going back to after losing to the Great Satan and making headlines for anti-regime behavior. Talk about a long plane ride home.
They played as hard as they could, for sure. I respect their players. I'm really worried for them going back home.

They played as hard as they could, for sure. I respect their players. I'm really worried for them going back home.
Same here. I remember the 94 WC. A Columbian defender accidentally blocked a U.S. pass into his
own goal. I told my father I wouldn't return home if I were him.

Same here. I remember the 94 WC. A Columbian defender accidentally blocked a U.S. pass into his
own goal. I told my father I wouldn't return home if I were him.
He was killed.

Documentary about him called "The other Escobar " (or something like that)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom