World Cup 2022 - Qatar (with SR Pick'Em league) (3 Viewers)

Wait... just checked the standings... stakes are high there as well. If these scores hold, France is out.

I'm an idiot... that isn't true (I was looking at some kind of interactive scoreboard thingy that assumed if the results hold... France is safe which is what I thought at first.

Agreed, but subbing Haji for Sargent to me was an even swap. Fresher legs and Sargent was gimpy. We dont have an option at striker on the roster better than the others. Wright, Sargent, Jesus....pick a name out of a hat. Pepi has more upside and is a few years younger, I thought developing him for 2026 was more important than taking the 3 we did.

But Shaq Moore is an absolute liability. I have no earthly idea how he saw time in a match that important.

Its between Moore and Jordan Morris for me as the biggest head scratchers on the roster. Both spots couldve went to the development for 2026 side. Roldan probably coudve been left at home as well.

Weve got an MLS problem. 9 MLS playes on the roster is just too many. Quality shock is real at this level.

Totally agreed on everything but the Haji sub, made zero sense….leaving Pepi off the roster both surprised and angered me and leaving our best young striker who obviously has more skill and ability to score on the bench takes it to another level for me….

And Berhalter’s whole philosophy is what my soccer coach friends would call America disease….severe lack of awareness when evaluating and developing the best talent….

I'm an idiot... that isn't true (I was looking at some kind of interactive scoreboard thingy that assumed if the results hold... France is safe which is what I thought at first.

France does need to win to save my parlay though.

tenor.gif

yeah i don't like when something happens at 15' and they flash a table saying 'this is what happens if the score holds' - it's just not how i like to think about competition

Totally agreed on everything but the Haji sub, made zero sense….leaving Pepi off the roster both surprised and angered me and leaving our best young striker who obviously has more skill and ability to score on the bench takes it to another level for me….

And Berhalter’s whole philosophy is what my soccer coach friends would call America disease….severe lack of awareness when evaluating and developing the best talent….

Not being a smart a, but in your opinion what was the right sub there? Sargent had to come off and Berhalter subbed a striker for a striker. Honestly was the least head scratcher of the subs.

yeah i don't like when something happens at 15' and they flash a table saying 'this is what happens if the score holds' - it's just not how i like to think about competition

Yeah, it was mostly dumb on my part though... I looked up the bracket and it showed France with 6 points, Australia with 6 points, Tunisia with 4 points and Denmark with 1. I should have realized that meant it had assumed 3 games played already, but wasn't thinking about it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom