World Cup 2022 - Qatar (with SR Pick'Em league) (1 Viewer)

And Tunisia just earned a draw from Denmark

underlying them developing--- defense. Solid, unwavering commitment to defending seems to be emerging so far. If you arent fully committed to defending, its gonna cost you.

Good matches so far. Certainly takes the sting out of our Draw with Wales yesterday.

And Tunisia just earned a draw from Denmark

underlying them developing--- defense. Solid, unwavering commitment to defending seems to be emerging so far. If you arent fully committed to defending, its gonna cost you.

Good matches so far. Certainly takes the sting out of our Draw with Wales yesterday.

That was a rough game. No much technique or creativity.

On a side note, the offsides rule and calling has gotten ridiculous.

agreed.

They simply are "micromanaging" the calls based on a toe.
A toe I would understand. But half a shoulder?

The 2nd goal that was voided, the graph showed the entirety of the Messi's body behind the defender but for half a shoulder, and only because Messi was leaning forward while the defender was standing straight. Messi's entire lower body was at least a yard behind the defender's feet. That was not offsides.

And that business of not calling the offside the moment is seen by the linesman...

These TV jerks continue to show Lewandowsky's mug... MX suffers on defense. He may have one of them hat trick games...

The MX fans are in form; they very loudly booed Tata Martino as he entered the field.

A toe I would understand. But half a shoulder?

The 2nd goal that was voided, the graph showed the entirety of the Messi's body behind the defender but for half a shoulder, and only because Messi was leaning forward while the defender was standing straight. Messi's entire lower body was at least a yard behind the defender's feet. That was not offsides.

And that business of not calling the offside the moment is seen by the linesman...
So I tell my son (huge Messi fan) about the offsides and his reaction was are you kidding me

So does the Saudi Arabia upset over Argentina equate to their Super Bowl? Do you think they lose their next two games and not even advance to the second round? Because right now they feel like world beaters after this upset.

I had it on while I was working this morning. Argentina were dominating the possession and chances, but Saudi Arabia were pretty solid defensively and did a great job keeping a high line and playing Argentina offside (although as usual you can argue about just how offside they were). I think Argentina had three goals ruled out through that alone.

So my impression - although granted I wasn't giving it my full attention - was that I didn't think Argentina were particularly poor so much as Saudi Arabia were well-prepared and did what they needed to do.

It makes that group intriguing. I think Argentina still have a good shot at qualifying, but I'll be interested to see how Saudi Arabia do against Mexico and Poland.
I only started watching at the end when SA was REALLY packing it in and I could have sworn there were too many men on the field - it was 2 separate walls of green kits

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom