World Cup 2022 - Qatar (with SR Pick'Em league) (1 Viewer)

where in the world is all this extra time coming from?

Gotta be a FIFA directive. Used to be roughly 30 seconds per sub, but that was always subjective as most players exit within 10-15 seconds.

We are seeing almost every match exceed the normal "high/most" of 5 min.

and I’m picking on SS because I grow more peed off about yesterday’s result
I’ve tried to keep my nose above water about Greggggg but he cost is that match
So he holds Gio out for England, ok fine
But seemingly we squared in defense in 2nd half to preserve legs (preserve legs of the youngest team in WC)
If that was an actual concern then sub at half to keep doing what was obviously working
If not at ‘45 then at least at ‘60
We had wales beat and then we played in a way that encouraged them to believe they could get back in the game
It was just dumb no matter how it’s sliced

where in the world is all this extra time coming from?

Gotta be a FIFA directive. Used to be roughly 30 seconds per sub, but that was always subjective as most players exit within 10-15 seconds.

We are seeing almost every match exceed the normal "high/most" of 5 min.
I'm for it especially if we get some huge extra time for various shirthousery that you know is coming. Neymar may generate 5 minutes of extra time by himself

Thursday should be renamed, "Footballsgiving". You can wake up early 4am CST and watch Switzerland/Cameroon, then at 7am CST Uruguay/Korea Republic, then at 10am CST Portugal/Ghana, then flip it over to Bills/Lions. About halftime of Bills/Lions, flip it to Brazil/Serbia, then go to Cowboys/Giants, and cap off the day with Patriots/Vikings. And there's probably a college football game or 2 involved as well.

Thursday should be renamed, "Footballsgiving". You can wake up early 4am CST and watch Switzerland/Cameroon, then at 7am CST Uruguay/Korea Republic, then at 10am CST Portugal/Ghana, then flip it over to Bills/Lions. About halftime of Bills/Lions, flip it to Brazil/Serbia, then go to Cowboys/Giants, and cap off the day with Patriots/Vikings. And there's probably a college football game or 2 involved as well.
MISS ST @ OLE MISS at 6:00pm.

helluva football day.

and I’m picking on SS because I grow more peed off about yesterday’s result
I’ve tried to keep my nose above water about Greggggg but he cost is that match
So he holds Gio out for England, ok fine
But seemingly we squared in defense in 2nd half to preserve legs (preserve legs of the youngest team in WC)
If that was an actual concern then sub at half to keep doing what was obviously working
If not at ‘45 then at least at ‘60
We had wales beat and then we played in a way that encouraged them to believe they could get back in the game
It was just dumb no matter how it’s sliced

So it WAS GGG fault, not mine.

Yeah we can kinda look back in hindsight and say, tactically/formation/player selection wasnt the proper way to go.

I just struggle with the fact that outside the PK, Wales really had no other threats....possession, yes. But they really werent "unlocking" our back line. That play by Zimmerman was just a momentary lapse and it cost us the game.

I know on previous threads we have all said ( and witnessed ) about this game, it literally takes just ONE moment of being 'switched off" and turns the game on its head.

REALLY bad time for him to have made the decision, but we need him to clear his head and be ready for Friday. Im sure he didnt sleep well last night.

Australia up 1-0 on France. Prophetic that the scoring player is "Goodwin"?

France wasn't amused. Their attack has been relentless and now up 2-1.

the quality differential is pretty evident. Australia, while scrappy, just cant connect the back to mid to front, passes are not crisp, or off the mark.

I'm not sure a draw against England is all that bad. If we draw against England and beat Iran, we end up with 5 points. That leaves two scenarios (depending on the result of Wales/Iran) going into the Wales/England game.

Wales beat Iran
USA 5 points
England 4 points
Wales 4 points
Iran 0 points.

A result in the England/Wales game gives the winner 7 points, and they and the USA advance. A draw leads to a 3 way tie bewteen the US, England, and Wales. Tiebreakers are, in order: goal differential and then number of goals scored.

Iran beats Wales
USA 5 points
England 4 points
Iran 3 points
Wales 1 point

England beats Wales and England wins the group with 7 points, the US advances with 5. Wales beats England, the US is tied for the group lead and England and the US advance. Obviously, this is the best scenario for US, if we draw against England.

Of course, a win against England is the best outcome for us, as it almost guarantees us a spot in the knockout round.
I'm not saying a draw is bad, I'm saying the US can't play for a draw. They aren't that good defensively, they need to outwork them and part of that is going forward with intent. If they sit back and try to play defense the whole game they'll get exposed.

Mbappe is silky smooth in his movement and the set up he does to make a trailing defender throttle down, and soon as he sees them do, takes off knowing they dont have the acceleration he has.

Mbappe is silky smooth in his movement and the set up he does to make a trailing defender throttle down, and soon as he sees them do, takes off knowing they dont have the acceleration he has.
Yeah. If I'm the French manager I'm getting him and Giroud off the pitch. It's over anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom