World of Warcraft and Plagues (1 Viewer)

Yep!

When it was discovered, a couple of friends (including a hunter) and I - who were raiding together - decided to bring it to Ironforge, the Dwarven capital and the main hub of the Alliance at the time. He got his pet infected with the plague while we were in the dungeon and then dismissed it. When we finished the raid and ported to IF, my hunter friend summoned his pet polar bear - Cokeandsmile - and then unleashed it in the middle of the city, by the bank and auction house.

It was pretty wild. Massive deaths of characters all around us and it spread like crazy. People wondering what was going on and why they were dying and trying to heal themselves through it. It was a max level dungeon at the time, and the city was filled with a lot of lower level characters who would die instantly.

Lots of confusion and hysteria for a bit. It got fixed after a few days and people just stopped congregating in major hubs for fear of getting infected.

I've played a lot of WoW over the years and seen a lot of interesting, crazy stuff. But the Corrupted Blood debuff was maybe the nuttiest.

tenor.gif

I vividly remember walking into Orgrimmar one day to hit the auction house and basically everyone in the city was dead. Had no idea what the hell was going on and noped out of there almost immediately. Found out about Corrupted Blood later and just basically spent the next few days questing, running dungeons, etc. and staying out of the cities. Would hit up smaller settlements for repairs, mats, etc. but stayed off the flight paths out of paranoia until it was patched out. Was one of the weirder WoW moments I remember for sure.

Sadness.
Always wanted to get into WOW but it’s P.C. exclusive.....meaning I can’t..

I have PS4 Pro Xbox One X Nintendo Switch PSVR, am a hardcore gamer all my life until my eyes took the big plunge....but never got into the PC gaming life. And that game never ported. Will always be one of my biggest regrets.

Sigh.

WOW addiction is very real and has been since the came out. It's probably the most addictive of all the major MMORPG games.

I was always scared to play it after witnessing close friends in real life get so sucked into that game, that it became the only they did anymore.

Wow, yes I remember this. I was playing a Dwarf Hunter at the time and unknowingly infected the masses. RIP Ironforge...Sneakers didn't mean it!

I'm still playing Wow...

I resub at the end of expansion cycles once all the patches and content for an expansion have been implemented. Don't love the development of the game these days (Legion was so on rails and dense it drove me crazy in terms of zone design) but I like keeping up with the lore and running content for a few weeks/months at the end of an expansion.

I know they are different, but reading all this I can’t wait for Fallout 76 and Red Dead 2.

Sadness.
Always wanted to get into WOW but it’s P.C. exclusive.....meaning I can’t..

I have PS4 Pro Xbox One X Nintendo Switch PSVR, am a hardcore gamer all my life until my eyes took the big plunge....but never got into the PC gaming life. And that game never ported. Will always be one of my biggest regrets.

Sigh.

Try Neverwinter on PS4.

Try Neverwinter on PS4.

Thanks Sandman. I did and loved it. I play all RPG’s and MMORPG’s available on the consoles. My favorite genre.

WOW just always seemed like the pinnacle of MMORPG’s.

I wish we had a video game board on this site.

Touché.
I will say that any time over the years I’ve tried to post video game material in that sub forum I mostly get ignored as I’m not in the video game board clique. ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom