World of Wheels (1 Viewer)

My Dad used to take me to the WOW almost every year when I was a kid at the old Rivergate(?) Coliseum... I remember seeing Boss Hogg there one year; they always had random celebrities and cars from TV, like the Batmobile, General Lee, etc... After a few years, the cars started getting a little cartoonish with all the mods, but it might be cool again. Anyway, can anyone verify the name of the old place where they had the WOW in NOLA every year??

i can't be the only one going.....do you people love your children?? :hihi:

I'm going! Acutally, my whole family is going! Supposedly, my dad's car is going to be featured in a Chevrolet exhibit. He has a seafoam green 57 Belair convertible. You really can't miss the car. I'm looking forward to it.

If my daughter finds out that Towmater will be there then I'll have to go. "It's like tuhmater, but without the 'tuh'". I can hear that **** in my sleep. :covri:

Last edited:
My Dad used to take me to the WOW almost every year when I was a kid at the old Rivergate(?) Coliseum... I remember seeing Boss Hogg there one year; they always had random celebrities and cars from TV, like the Batmobile, General Lee, etc... After a few years, the cars started getting a little cartoonish with all the mods, but it might be cool again. Anyway, can anyone verify the name of the old place where they had the WOW in NOLA every year??

You are right, it was the Rivergate, where Harrah's is now.

man its been a while. I used to own a 1987 Mitsubishi mini-truck and won the 1991 World of Wheels for Stock Minis- ( less than 7 aftermarket modifications at that time ) What a fun two days that was in the Superdome. I can only imagine the cars they have there now with all the technology and such. Heck, I remember the dancing beds/suicide beds on some mini's and thought that was as far as it could go.

might have to make a trip saturday...

BTTT

just a reminder for anyone interested

I'm going! Acutally, my whole family is going! Supposedly, my dad's car is going to be featured in a Chevrolet exhibit. He has a seafoam green 57 Belair convertible. You really can't miss the car. I'm looking forward to it.
I'll keep an eye out for that. We're going to try and make it out there at some point tomorrow...as long as it doesn't interfere with Championship Football. :9:

I'll keep an eye out for that. We're going to try and make it out there at some point tomorrow...as long as it doesn't interfere with Championship Football. :9:

Well, apparently someone messed up. My dad's car is off to the left, instead of the middle where it was supposed to be. I might be there, but if not, his car is a seafoam green convertible off to the far left side of the Chevy stuff.

some pics:

Attachments

• P1200084.jpg
    P1200084.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 4
  • P1200091.jpg
    P1200091.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 1
more:

Attachments

• P1200095.jpg
    P1200095.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 1
  • P1200087.jpg
    P1200087.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 1
more again:

Attachments

• P1200086.jpg
    P1200086.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 1
  • P1200101.jpg
    P1200101.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom