Worms (1 Viewer)

kcirdor

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worms_(series)

This game just hit the PSN. I've played this game on the Xbox and it is a lot of fun. You have an squad of soldier worms and an assortment of weapons to take out your opponent. Lots of strategy involved to win your matches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worms_(series)

This game just hit the PSN. I've played this game on the Xbox and it is a lot of fun. You have an squad of soldier worms and an assortment of weapons to take out your opponent. Lots of strategy involved to win your matches.

Yeah, that's a great series of games. When I was a kid, a bunch of my friends and I would get together and play Scorched Earth, which was a predecessor of Worms.

http://worms.team17.com/

Franchise Awards

EMAP Awards
"Most original game"

BBC's Live & Kicking
"Best game"

ECTS Awards
"Most original game"

Micro Mania Awards
"Best game"

PSX Developers
"Best strategy title"

EG Monthly
"Strategy game of year"

Trophee d'or
"Best strategy game"

GMBH
"Multiplayer game of year"

features

Ever played Worms? How about Worms 2? Perhaps you're an expert at Worms World Party? No? never fear, here's a quick summary of what you've been missing ::
Teams of worms, dukin' it out for victory. The team with the last worms standing is the winner. Simple, yet addictive.
A bizarre collection of ludicrously destructive weapons.
Combat across either custom-created landscapes, or randomly-generated terrain.
Customizable teams
Incredible multiplayer action
Truly worldwide internet gaming.
A massive online following, with leagues, ladder games, forums and gaming rooms for players of all skill levels.
Graffiti mode that allows the player to create their own playing environments.
Quite literally more game options than you could shake a stick at!
Turn-based action like you've never seen.

PC Format
"Britsoft hero to the core, Team 17 have been making milestone games for pretty much every platform since it's first games for the Amiga back in 1990. Alien Breed, Body Blows, Assassin, Project X, Worms, Worms 2, Worms Armageddon, Worms World Party - Lets face it, we've grown up with these games, and were going to have tears in our eyes whenever they're mentioned for years to come."

Gamesdomain.com
"Team17 has spent many, many rainy days in Worms heaven, dreaming up every permutation on a theme you could possibly devise. This game has more modes than you'd have thought humanly possible!"

DC UK Magazine
"Four-player worming is almost as much fun as a night in with Britney Spears and a bottle of baby oil."

Stuart Dinsey, MCV
"Team 17 have proved with Worms that, whatever the technology of the day, it is gameplay that still counts the most."

Dreamcast Magazine
"If you are even slightly into online games at their best, you'll want to get hold of this game right now"

VICTORY! Is there all the voices included in this PSN release? I wouldnt want to miss out on the "Royal" british one if I'd buy it.. The options to customize it was what really made it, sheep?

VICTORY! Is there all the voices included in this PSN release? I wouldnt want to miss out on the "Royal" british one if I'd buy it.. The options to customize it was what really made it, sheep?

yes customization is still there. I use the Deep evil Frog voices.

Yeah, that's a great series of games. When I was a kid, a bunch of my friends and I would get together and play Scorched Earth, which was a predecessor of Worms.

Scorched Earth was fantastic. I remember the day we found out we could "mod" the game and have our tanks say things whenever we got hit. Oh that game rocked!

If anyone owns(on PS3) and wants to get whooped let me know. I've been playing this game more than any other here lately.

Anyone ever play this game? I play some times if I can find someone patient enough to let my game load.

well.. I played this hardcore for a couple months with my room mate and online so I can do my best to teach ya whatever I know. I don't think my Headset works on my connection type though.

This game is still awesome... Battlegrounds is the current version for "next" gen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom