Worst away game you've been to. (1 Viewer)

Saints "Home" game at the Giants in 2005.

DC 2015, we got absolutely destroyed, stadium sucked, fans sucked and it was 2 days after the Paris terrorist attacks, so the city and stadium were on lockdown.
Yup! I was there also and agree completely. The only two redeeming qualities were that the weather was great and Joe Theismann stopped by our tailgater and chatted for a couple minutes. He still walks with a pronounced limp.

Last edited:
I’ve only been to 2 and both were great experiences! October 2014 at Detroit and October 2017 at Green Bay. I would have to select the Detroit game since they came back and beat us due to Golden Tate. But the fans at both venues were awesome. I’m going to the Chicago game this year though so I’m sure that will immediately go to the worst on my list.

When my Saints came to Charlotte a few years ago. The “monsoon” game, where it poured down raining for darn near the entire game. We lost that game and getting stuck waiting for an Uber for 3 hours soaking wet, was brutal.

I was at that game. had my rain gear on so didn't even notice how hard it was raining until I saw the replays the next day. LOL charlote games are fun

I've only been to two but they lost both of them so I'm going to go with the one where my experience sucked and that was the Washington game in 2008. Bush returned a punt for a TD. My experience sucked though because it was in early September and it was an open air stadium and was hot as hell! It didn't help that I was drinking whiskey but I didn't stop sweating the entire time. Then after the game some Washington fans were cracking Katrina jokes at us. I almost punched one in the face but realized I couldn't go to jail in Washington. I literally was planning an escape route if I decided to punch him. Even being drunk I was able to stop myself and be rational about jail time. Never again will I go to an open air stadium before November.
Well, I was at that one too. Yes it was brutally hot and the game was a klunker. However the Saints had it won until they let the legendary Jason Campbell connect with Chris Cooley on a 3rd and 27 while pinned deep in Redskins territory :mad:

Lest you think I'm bad luck, I was also at the 2009 and 2002 games :)

Last edited:
I’ve only been to 2 and both were great experiences! October 2014 at Detroit and October 2017 at Green Bay. I would have to select the Detroit game since they came back and beat us due to Golden Tate. But the fans at both venues were awesome. I’m going to the Chicago game this year though so I’m sure that will immediately go to the worst on my list.
Fans at the Meadowlands in 2016 and Baltimore last year were the best I've ever experienced. Good on all of them, they were a pleasure. I talked to some Ravens fans who attended the Super Bowl in 2013 and commented on how well they were treated in New Orleans. I said it helped immeasurably that they a) tipped exceedingly well, and b) played the 49ers, who we all despise :hihi:

Last edited:
Early 90s in Atlanta. My dad, brother and I had corner end zone seats. The entire game was on the other end of the field and we lost. Course we had Saints fan around us but by halftime they were all so drunk, a lot of them disappeared.

Considering we didn't play a single game in San Antonio in 2006.....maybe more DOES need to be said..

Did you miss the part of the thread where it specified "away" game ?

That game was in the Superdome......and the score was 38-0.

Ah!

I fixed it, thanks.

Worst away game I ever did was in Seattle on MNF following Thanksgiving. I enjoyed the pre-game atmosphere for the most part. I had some playful banter with some of their fans and had fun showing off my Saints Super Bowl hat. I even had some offers to buy my tickets, one of which I seriously entertained, $3K per ticket cash and I had paid $600. As we got closer to game time, folks got more and more drunk and started jostling towards the stadium. Some of their fans were disgustingly rude taunting female Saints fans about the "raping" they were about to endure. I had to put myself between them and tell the girls no harm would come to them as they were legitimately scared. I know every fan base has their drunken bunghole fans, but these guys were over the top and sadly one of my most vivid memories of this trip. Once I got inside the stadium everyone spread out and it was much less hostile. I grabbed a beer and climbed to my seat where I sat under my Saints blanket and proceeded to shiver in the freezing drizzle. The Saints did much the same. Drew never got on track and the game was never even close. We sat through the whole thing, all the way to the end, which is more than Sean Payton's son Connor did.

I was at that game. It was the worst game I've ever been to. It drizzled all night and the temps were in the high 30s and low 40s so it was a miserable kinda cold. And I'll never forget, I watched a fat drunk Seahawks fan, in his twenties get in the face of a 60+ year old female Saints fan, literally nose to nose and he screamed at her until she sat down in her seat and cried.

Ah!

I fixed it, thanks.

The game you mentioned did completely suck though........that was in that weird stretch of 2001 where we lost a MNF home game to the Rams (while still very much in playoff contention) and then looked like we'd completely forgotten how to play football the final month of the season.

Only been to one. Versus Texans in 07’. The venue was ok and the game sucked. The fans were a mixed bag.

There were some really friendly folks but also some wannabe comedians carrying around Katrina “joke” signs.

One tailgate group had a sign with an arrow pointing towards the Astrodome that said “Saints fans, this way to FEMA.” Pretty lame in retrospect but I’d be lying if I said it didn’t bug me and my wife.

That's the other game I've been to. They definitely piped in crowd noise. No more than 60,000 total were in the building with 10-20,000 Saints fans so no way 40-50,000 Texans fans can get as loud as they did.

Last edited:
Saints vs Cowboys 2014 in Jerrah World. I was living there at the time and some friends and I paid a bunch of money to go watch the Saints get decimated by Tony freaking Romo.

Can’t remember the year maybe it was 2011?

But it was against the Rams in St Louis. Rams were like 0-11 or something. And we lost!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom