Worst away game you've been to. (1 Viewer)

The game you mentioned did completely suck though........that was in that weird stretch of 2001 where we lost a MNF home game to the Rams (while still very much in playoff contention) and then looked like we'd completely forgotten how to play football the final month of the season.
Yup. They were 9-4 and needed only one win in the last 3 games to ensure a playoff berth. Nope, and one of the games was the infamous Vikings center to Daunte Culpepper 4-hopper that Culpepper picked up and ran into the end zone for the 2-pointer to seal it :mad:

Yup. They were 9-4 and needed only one win in the last 3 games to ensure a playoff berth. Nope, and one of the games was the infamous Vikings center to Daunte Culpepper 4-hopper that Culpepper picked up and ran into the end zone for the 2-pointer to seal it :mad:

Different meltdown.....that was 2002.

Which was worse than 2001........because in '02 it felt like we were a legit SB contender at one point.......even beat the SB champ Bucs twice..

Different meltdown.....that was 2002.

Which was worse than 2001........because in '02 it felt like we were a legit SB contender at one point.......even beat the SB champ Bucs twice..
I stand corrected. I got my back-to-back end-of-season meltdowns messed up. 2001 was indeed worse. The Saints lost the last 3 games by a total of 126-31 :mad:

I was at that game. had my rain gear on so didn't even notice how hard it was raining until I saw the replays the next day. LOL charlote games are fun
I opted not to buy a rain poncho outside. At halftime I found one that had ripped but put it on anyway. I’ve never attended an outside game in the rain, so I just gutted it out. Would’ve been a better experience had we won or if my Uber could get through the traffic.

Beastmode 2011 @ Seattle. Not only was it a bad game for us on the field, but the Seahawk fans were horrible. I've been to a lot of away games, this was the worst. Of course you are going to be trash talked, but I truly felt like I was in danger. They were blood thirsty rabid dogs. When we wouldn't fight with them, the group harassing us, starting fighting among themselves. Pure trash.

Beastmode 2011 @ Seattle. Not only was it a bad game for us on the field, but the Seahawk fans were horrible. I've been to a lot of away games, this was the worst. Of course you are going to be trash talked, but I truly felt like I was in danger. They were blood thirsty rabid dogs. When we wouldn't fight with them, the group harassing us, starting fighting among themselves. Pure trash.

Well we started off 17-0 within the first 8 minutes of the game, we should have blown them out.

Well we started off 17-0 within the first 8 minutes of the game, we should have blown them out.
Close but not quite. We started off 10-0 then Seattle closed the gap to 10-7. Thats how the first quarter ended. We went up by 10 again, drawing first blood in the 2nd quarter. From there, Seattle took the lead going in to half time. They never looked back. We made a late push to get back in the game, then Beast Mode happened.

I'd prefer that you keep the beer and take the correction like a man......and without snark.

I could see confusing pretty much any of the Ditka seasons (97 instead of 98, 98 instead of 99)........or some of those 8-8 Haslett seasons (03 instead of 04).......as they all mostly ran together and were largely uneventful...

But there's a vast difference in how 2005 and 2006 went not only for the Saints.......but also for Louisiana, in general.
The minutiae of an '05 vs '06 away game seems like an odd thing to get worked up over.

Either this

The team gave up and completely choked at the end.

Or this

They went in undefeated and played sloppy, undisciplined football. Especially Turley. He embarrassed himself.

Maybe this?

Win and you're in the playoffs.

Cold, rain/sleet mix.

Hey! Let's kick it to Hester and watch as our playoff hopes get carried away.

Or let's commit a holding penalty in the endzone for a safety.

Saints at the LA Raiders, mid-90s. I was terrified the entire time. Had to turn my Saints shirt inside out. Raiders fans in LA would have needed to rise 10 fathams to hit pond scum.

Broncos during the bounty gate year. The fans were fine, but watching that defense in person was really not fun.

December 13, 2009 at atlanta. It was awful. I was in the georgia dome. Everything was red and black. Black looks so stupid when its next to red. The field said atlanta falcons. Only silver lining in this terrible situation was that there weren't very many falcons fans there. The few i did see, kinda scurried away, quietly like a roach. We won the game to make 13-0. Ugh. I hate thinking back on it.

I've only been to one other away game. 2-7-10 SB44. So i had to pick between those two.

Even more pitiful than I remember. And a 50 points thrashing is remembered quite poorly.

PassingRushingReceiving
PlayerTmCmpAttYdsTDIntSkYdsLngRateAttYdsTDLngTgtRecYdsTDLng
Aaron BrooksNOR92214602264225.923201800000
Todd BoumanNOR51331012121214.6000000000
Antowain SmithNOR000000123601211404
Deuce McAllisterNOR00000011310113333022
Az-Zahir HakimNOR0000000000115108042
Ernie ConwellNOR00000000006324012
Donte' StallworthNOR000000000051606
Zachary HiltonNOR000000000031202
Devery HendersonNOR000000000030000
Aaron SteckerNOR0000001-40-40000

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom