Worst away game you've been to. (1 Viewer)

The minutiae of an '05 vs '06 away game seems like an odd thing to get worked up over.

You act as if there were just some casual differences between how 2005 went (Hurricane Katrina......Haslett/Brooks era still in place ) and how 2006 went (Payton/Brees era begins.....first ever NFC title game appearance).

Maybe I could tell somebody in New York: "oh yeah....9/11......that was like, around 2002 or something" and then roll my eyes if they dare to correct me, despite merely being a year off...

I have to be honest the Saints have won every away game I've been to.

2002 vs. Baltimore
2009 vs. Washington

10/09/2005New Orleans Saints3@Green Bay Packers52

Only game I've ever walked out of and I've been to games with a bag on my head in the really bad days. I do have to say the Packers fans near me were very cordial and polite about the whooping we were getting.

I was there, too. Horrible game - Deuce got injured. But the Packer fans were great. People around me bought me beers because they didn't want me to have a bad time at Lambeau.

Everyone should go to a game in GB at least once.

Saints at the LA Raiders, mid-90s. I was terrified the entire time. Had to turn my Saints shirt inside out. Raiders fans in LA would have needed to rise 10 fathams to hit pond scum.

Probably this dog fest in '94 that I also attended. GAME LOG

A bunch of ex-New Orleanians from the Sports Harbor bar in LA gathered to go the game. Sat way up in the back of the LA Coliseum. Some "nice" gang members came over at the end of the 3rd quarter and told us if we didn't stop cheering for the Saints that they were going to "cut" us after the game. I talked to an LAPD officer about the threat and he advised me that we should leave! A public stadium paid for by tax dollars but we couldn't even stay to watch the end of the game. Most of us left.

Needless to say, I now lump all Raiders' fans in with these idiots and root for the Raiders to lose every week.

I've been to away games in other places GB, Cincinnati, Anaheim, and SD and never had the slightest problem.

Last edited:
I was there, too. Horrible game - Deuce got injured. But the Packer fans were great. People around me bought me beers because they didn't want me to have a bad time at Lambeau.

Everyone should go to a game in GB at least once.

Totally agree with you Cincy Saint! Packers fans are the best! There was a light drizzle when I went to the game October 2017. I went in this bar outside the stadium decked in saints gear before the game and this one guy handed me a poncho and said “you’re gonna need this” and handed me a drink to go along with it.

Seattle, 2003 W1. Had a great tailgate with saints fan both local and out of town. that was the best part of the day.

The stadium was nice, and even though the Saints lost the game, the game itself wasn't the bad part, its the rude Seattle fans. Cussing at my mom, flipping off my kids, and acting like dumb idiots. I know every stadium has its idiots, but I've also gone to non-Saints games in Seattle and see these people treat other visiting fans the same way.

All that being said, i will be going back this fall to see the saints play, i will put up with the BS for once last chance to see Drew play.

On a positive note, the best away game experience was 2011 in Minnesota, great pre-game, nice people, nice fans in the stand. would definitely go back to a game there.

For me it was in Nashville, week 3 of the 2003 season. It was hot but I was up there with a bunch of buddies and we were jacked up for the game. We flew there to catch an away game in a fun city and that was the one we picked.

Literally the best thing that happened was Allison Krauss and Union Station played the national anthem. The Saints were a total no-show - racked up 188 total yards. At the end of the 3rd quarter, it was 20-5. Final score was 27-12.

2012 against the Broncos on Monday Night Football. It was the year Payton was suspended and Manning's first season in Denver. I don't remember the Saints ever really being in the game -- the final score was 34-14 and Broncos outgained the Saints 530 to 252 in total offense. Plus we had people right next to us ringing cowbells the whole game.

Season opener at Falcons a couple years ago. Took a "detour" on the way home from my niece's boot camp graduation. Big mistake. We lead through halftime, things looked good ... until they didn't. Two female Saints fans walking back to their car after the defeat through all the Failcons fans. Didn't fear for my life but didn't feel safe either. And believe me, we weren't engaging.

I have been to my fair share of away games. I've seen a few more wins than losses. Two stick out in my mind:

There was a game at Denver (Week 3 of 2008) where Martin Gramatica came out before the second half and was all up in what I recall to be a military focused halftime show. Karma came back and bit him as he missed the game winning FG at the end of the game. IN-COM-PLETE and all other Denver pleasures added to that experience.

The worst away game experience for me was January 3, 2010. at Carolina. It was the last game of the '09 regular season. We bought the tickets early in hopes of seeing a 16-0 season happen. After the loss to Dallas we decided to go anyway. We froze our butts off that day and watched mostly 2nd string Saints drop their 3rd game in a row. The fans were cool. It was just a miserably cold day and a lackluster game.

You act as if there were just some casual differences between how 2005 went (Hurricane Katrina......Haslett/Brooks era still in place ) and how 2006 went (Payton/Brees era begins.....first ever NFC title game appearance).

Maybe I could tell somebody in New York: "oh yeah....9/11......that was like, around 2002 or something" and then roll my eyes if they dare to correct me, despite merely being a year off...

Dude.

You're a little hyperbolic in your response. Calm down.

I have been to my fair share of away games. I've seen a few more wins than losses. Two stick out in my mind:

There was a game at Denver (Week 3 of 2008) where Martin Gramatica came out before the second half and was all up in what I recall to be a military focused halftime show. Karma came back and bit him as he missed the game winning FG at the end of the game. IN-COM-PLETE and all other Denver pleasures added to that experience.

The worst away game experience for me was January 3, 2010. at Carolina. It was the last game of the '09 regular season. We bought the tickets early in hopes of seeing a 16-0 season happen. After the loss to Dallas we decided to go anyway. We froze our butts off that day and watched mostly 2nd string Saints drop their 3rd game in a row. The fans were cool. It was just a miserably cold day and a lackluster game.

Went to the same Denver game in '08. The Denver fans, as I've found to be a consistent case living here, were pretty obnoxious to me and my gf. If memory serves me correct (and I'm sure someone will come along and correct my recollection), Bush fumbled a ball that was returned for a TD. The Saints started to get it together towards the end of the 1st half, got a safety and (I think) a FG right before half-time to pull really close. Then Gramatica misses the last-minute FG and me and the gf never heard the end of it. Didn't know Gramatica came out in the middle of the halftime show.

Went to a Denver game again a few years later. I want to say '13 (?). Manning carved us up, Saints never got on track except for a pointless Jimmy Graham TD. A couple of twenty somethings behind us were giving us the business with curse words from the beginning of the 2nd half on when the game was getting out of hand. Had my twelve-year old with me at the time. As we're walking outside of the stadium, some idiot walking the opposite direction put his face in mine and went "NYAHHH!". Nowhere near as bad as others here have explained, but good times nonetheless.

Finally, went to D.C. in '15 (again, I think, but who knows - awaiting some correctionai here). The game was an absolute debacle. Brees had a pick six. I had about six beers. Fans were actually pretty decent to us there. A couple of cat calls at the end, but nothing too bad. Of all things, actually got into some jawing back and forth with a random Falcons fan on the way out. 28-3 hadn't happened yet, so I just had to end the session with a reference to their empty trophy case.

The only thing I can take out of this is . . . rail is a bad luck charm and shouldn't go to away games.

I've only been to two but they lost both of them so I'm going to go with the one where my experience sucked and that was the Washington game in 2008. Bush returned a punt for a TD. My experience sucked though because it was in early September and it was an open air stadium and was hot as hell! It didn't help that I was drinking whiskey but I didn't stop sweating the entire time. Then after the game some Washington fans were cracking Katrina jokes at us. I almost punched one in the face but realized I couldn't go to jail in Washington. I literally was planning an escape route if I decided to punch him. Even being drunk I was able to stop myself and be rational about jail time. Never again will I go to an open air stadium before November.

I was also at this game. Hottest game temperature wise I’ve ever been to. 101 degrees of sweltering heat and our defense couldn’t seem to stop Jason Campbell and Redskins offense.

Reggie was held in check that entire game (except for a good punt return for 6).

Bree’s had 2 INT’s.

That was a terrible birthday treat that day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom