Worst birthday ever! Advice needed! (1 Viewer)

Andrus so sorry about your loss. I will be in Lafayette tomorrow. Is there a way to bring a contribution by?

Andrus so sorry about your loss. I will be in Lafayette tomorrow. Is there a way to bring a contribution by?

Kyle...

We will be having another SR lunch get together in Lafayette soon. We haven't set a date yet, but anyone that wants to join us is welcome. Just send me a message and I'll put you on the contact list for it, or email andrus @saintsreport.com (without the space).

Last edited:
May God Bless Yu and your Family In this time of grief. You do so much for everyone else it pains my heart to see you in pain this way. God bless you...You Will survive.

Andrus please accept our heartfelt condolences for you and your family during this difficult time. May Gods Grace comfort you and your loved ones and please know you all are definitely in our daily prayers.

As an 06 guy, I am glad I found your website, don't post alot. Love you brother, Family is everything. Thank you for your reply. Been thru alot military and life, it's hard. I can't name them all. But my parents it sucks being deployed. I have a friend that is a pastor. RIP

I made another post in the gofundme thread, but I do want to say thanks here too. Thanks for your love, thoughts, prayers, generosity, and kind words. They mean everything to me, and he would be so touched by so many people looking out for his family. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Man so sorry to hear this. Prayers for you and the entire family.

Many on here know I lost my wife 4 years ago this past July 28th. Know we are here for you.

The whole funeral thing was a blur as I tried to deal with the loss. It happened so quick. She passed on a Wednesday in Texas and the funeral was on Saturday in NC. So I know what you are going through on that spectrum. We had insurance and it would take awhile to get, but the funeral home worked with me.

Many on here know I lost my wife 4 years ago this past July 28th. Know we are here for you.

The whole funeral thing was a blur as I tried to deal with the loss. It happened so quick. She passed on a Wednesday in Texas and the funeral was on Saturday in NC. So I know what you are going through on that spectrum. We had insurance and it would take awhile to get, but the funeral home worked with me.

I'm curious of the claims process. Did the insurance company send you a check then you pay the funeral home? Or did funeral home just say send us money when you get your insurance check? I've never had to deal with that before, but it might be something we'll face in the not too distant future.

Thanks, MSU. That had to be extremely tough for you. I know this much... I need to get my butt in gear making arrangements (insurances, Will, etc) so that I don't leave my own family scrambling should something unforeseen happen to me. This was a big wake up call.

Thanks, MSU. That had to be extremely tough for you. I know this much... I need to get my butt in gear making arrangements (insurances, Will, etc) so that I don't leave my own family scrambling should something unforeseen happen to me. This was a big wake up call.

I'm actually feeling the same way. At my previous job, I had a cheap life insurance policy provided by my employer, but nothing right now. Hopefully at my new employer they offer something similar. If not, I'll definitely get that sorted out along with a will and directions in the event something happens to me. I don't want to leave my wife and/or kids in a bad situation because of something fairly simple that I can get taken care of now. I've put it off for too long tbh.

Edit: Also be sure the named beneficiaries are updated if it's been a while and family situation has changed. Update older wills as well.

Last edited:
I'm curious of the claims process. Did the insurance company send you a check then you pay the funeral home? Or did funeral home just say send us money when you get your insurance check? I've never had to deal with that before, but it might be something we'll face in the not too distant future.
Actually, I had just enough in savings to cover the cost of the funeral. I didn't want to have that cost hanging out there. I was in a very bad frame of mind.

The funeral home said I could pay what I felt comfortable with and then they would work with me until insurance paid on the claim. We had one for her under her work and one under my job as well. It took about a month before I got the check from either.

Re: wills. I was able to find a lawyer who simply charged me a flat fee for doing it, rather than charging me by the hour. Maybe they don't work that way in other areas, and maybe being in a county seat creates competition-- but it's worth a try because hourly fees can add up in a hurry. Get a will done and avoid potential messes. I speak from experience.

Re: wills. I was able to find a lawyer who simply charged me a flat fee for doing it, rather than charging me by the hour. Maybe they don't work that way in other areas, and maybe being in a county seat creates competition-- but it's worth a try because hourly fees can add up in a hurry. Get a will done and avoid potential messes. I speak from experience.
There are free forms out there to use that work 100%. Unless you have a large estate and anticipate a big mess, than seek counsel, otherwise it is perfectly acceptable to use a free option and have that signed and notarized. I was taught that a napkin will work if the signature can be verified :). There are some general copy and paste forms @ https://freelegalforms.uslegal.com/wills/

Or you can go to Legal Zoom or US Legal Forms and purchase a state specific form, which they pull from the chancery clerks office if filed and reproduce a clean form or one of their attorneys might have drafted a state specific form.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom