Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Anniversary

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Your sig other's birthday

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Other - elaborate

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters
I voted "day after Super Bowl" but for me it is really "day after final Saints game of the season." Hopefully one day the two will meet and become one.

Wow, lots of Valentine's Day haters here. But I agree...last thing we need around here after Christmas, 4 birthdays, and an upcoming birthday in March is another reason to pressure someone into a gift. We usually skip Valentine's Day. I did cheat this year and gave Drew a Saints shirt I got in New Orleans; I didn't want to save it for his birthday since it's longsleeved and he can wear it now. He felt bad because he didn't have anything for me, but he didn't need to feel that way...no expectations, no pressure is the rule for Valentines Day in our house. He did come home from the store with a bag of dark chocolate Hershey's kisses, however...:) Honestly, he does enough day in and day out with the kids, the house, etc., that he doesn't have to "prove" anything with a cheesy Valentine's Day gift.

I can't answer for Drew and I'm not eligible for your poll :D, but I'd vote for day after the final Saints game for me...unless it's a Super Bowl win! A gal can dream....

Valentine's Day hands down. Such a contrived event.

As one poster stated above, if you go all out one year, it's expected annually. And if you slip up, good luck living it down for awhile. All the "He went to Jared" crap drives me insane. Maybe "She should go to Jared too." All the commercialized pressure on guys to go out and buy diamonds, chocolates, and Hallmark cards. Silly.

I got through Valentine's this year with 2 cards, a 35$ arrangement of roses (it WAS really nice though), dinner and a movie (among other things:)). Not bad. Still a made up "holiday" imo.

The worst for me is always Feb. 14. The Super Bowl has just ended, the Pro Bowl stinks as usual and there is no more football until fall. Add to it that Feb. 14 is Valentine's Day AND my wife's birthday and it is tough on me every year. I am already bummed from the football thing, then I am under a lot of pressure to make both Valentine's Day and her birthday uniquely special. This comes on the heels of having to outdo the last Christmas and just prior to our March 12 anniversary, which also must be topped yearly. So I voted other, since there was no "all of the above" category.

Valentine's Day. Don't mind the wifey's present, but somehow it has evolved into me getting everyone even remotely kin to me candy. The older I get, the more expensive and hectic it's getting. And the worst part is knowing that it's not even a real holiday.

When Jessica Alba got knocked up and taken off the market.

When Jessica Alba got knocked up and taken off the market.

Like you had a chance. :covri: Now me on the other hand -- I just know she's into 53-year-old, almost albino guys with big guts and no money. I'm keeping hope alive. :ezbill:

Last edited:
Valentines Day, for many reasons HoyaSaints pointed out (crowdedness at resturants, flowers and chocolates going up 200% in price. Its just more of a hassle becauase everyone is trying to do something that day. As opposed to say June 7th (random date) which may or may not be your anniversity but the things to do are more in abundance. Whats worse is mine's birthday is a week after Valentine's day, I gotta do this all twice (I don't mind doing nice thigs for her) But I am not the flowers and dress up kinda guy.

My solution tho, and I thank Jonesy post for this because it gave me the idea. Would it not just be brilliant to meet a girl who's birthday is on valentines day, and you marry her that day as well. 3 birds one stone. I have add a few new ones to my list of requirements!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom