Worst Gaming Console? (1 Viewer)

fission mailed

For me, and my usage habits it is the worst gaming console. Now, it is the best Blu-Ray player for the money right now.....but as far as gaming? I think if you look at it objectively I think you have to admit that the gaming part right now has to go to either the Wii or the 360.

I have all three.....we use the PS3 mostly as a BR player......the 360's are used primarily by me and both myself and the wife use the Wii...(although she uses it more than I do).

I do get some extra usage out of the 360's with my HD-DVD drive because of course at this time Transformers, the Matrix and the Bourne Movies aren't on BR yet.....and dude.....Transformers simply ROCKS at 1080p.....I'm not even playin'.....

At first, yes. But I figured we could turn it into a civil discussion :hihi:

Well I don't game as often as I did in HS, I just don't have the time. So The PS3 is all I need. I'm a movie buff and the Blu Ray player is like a gift from heaven. Plus when I see a game I like I'll get it, buying about 4-6 games a year max will do me just fine.

Also online I don't get it. I don't need to talk to players online when I play. Just connect me and let me play. That's it.

And it actually has! Good job there buddy!

to fair i think Madden has been terrible on all the systems. It was pretty fun on the Wii though at first, but it only took 3 game to realize it was no different than any other Madden game. At least for me.

I really like 2K8, but i admit i haven't played that in while either.

Right but Madden on the PS3 is almost unplayable after first playing it on the 360.

Madden 08 has some balance issues....especially when related to INT's and Fumbles. They still haven't solved the whole dump off to running back who proceeds to run out of bounds because of the animation glitch. They have actually patched it a couple of times and it's much better to play now than it was at launch....they also got the Saints uni's right finally...lol!

Main problem was that '08 on PS3 was at 30 FPS and 360 was on 60 FPS. They should both be at 60 FPS this year.

Believe it or not, if had to rate a worst console, it would be the Wii. I have lost hours of my life trouble shooting and research setup and networking problems with the Wii, particularly when people have cable or phone companies set up their home networks for them.

or how you had to blow into the cartridges to get them to work....ahhh...the good ole days!

I don't wanna get in the flame war... but I wanted to ask something on this.

I so remember blowing in the NES games, but there was no internet at the time to spread the word to everyone, I don't recall any booklets saying blow in your NES games to make them work. Nothing like that, yet your a few years older and live in a different part of the country, but yet you did the same thing. Its not like you were in the same class as me way back when or anything like that. So us, as well as every single person I know did it. Now I know why say my friends would do it, they would see you do it or word of mouth or whatever. But what started this epidemic of blowing in NES games. Literally every single person I have ever know that played NES blew in the games. Did it even help?? was it to cool it down, why the heck was everyone and thier brother blowing in NES games??

How many other people did this, I know me and my 4 brothers all did, so were up to 6. My best friend Marc I can very clearly remember doing it so thats 7. I was over my friend Eric's house for a superbowl party and we had a 10 dollar buy in and all played a tecno bowl tourney (yeah no shock folks, the loser who drew the raiders won. Just wish I was that loser) but anyways, that game wasn't working right away so he blew in it, so that 8 now.

Who else?? Why the heck did we all do this, what started it all, did it really even help (my trick I picked up later was hold the reset button for 10 seconds and let go and it usually it made the game kick in) How did it spread nation and probably world wide. Anyone ever blow in an N64 game? ( I didn't) What was it about NES that made everyone blow in the games?

EDIT: sorry to thread jack Rich. But this is something I need to know.

Last edited:
I don't wanna get in the flame war... but I wanted to ask something on this.

I so remember blowing in the NES games, but there was no internet at the time to spread the word to everyone, I don't recall any booklets saying blow in your NES games to make them work. Nothing like that, yet your a few years older and live in a different part of the country, but yet you did the same thing. Its not like you were in the same class as me way back when or anything like that. So us, as well as every single person I know did it. Now I know why say my friends would do it, they would see you do it or word of mouth or whatever. But what started this epidemic of blowing in NES games. Literally every single person I have ever know that played NES blew in the games. Did it even help?? was it to cool it down, why the heck was everyone and thier brother blowing in NES games??

How many other people did this, I know me and my 4 brothers all did, so were up to 6. My best friend Marc I can very clearly remember doing it so thats 7. I was over my friend Eric's house for a superbowl party and we had a 10 dollar buy in and all played a tecno bowl tourney (yeah no shock folks, the loser who drew the raiders won. Just wish I was that loser) but anyways, that game wasn't working right away so he blew in it, so that 8 now.

Who else?? Why the heck did we all do this, what started it all, did it really even help (my trick I picked up later was hold the reset button for 10 seconds and let go and it usually it made the game kick in) How did it spread nation and probably world wide. Anyone ever blow in an N64 game? ( I didn't) What was it about NES that made everyone blow in the games?

EDIT: sorry to thread jack Rich. But this is something I need to know.

i along w/ all my friends did it..word of mouth can go a long long way

Some other tricks we used to use...I mean, most of it was just common sense stuff & when you were jones'in to play excite bike you did what you had to do. Certain games would require different tricks to get them to work.

First you can blow the game . ( i know... i know)
then the system
if that fails then blow the cart through your shirt
Trying to get your breath as warm as humanly possible...
Stacking another game cart (or sock, beastie boys: license to ill cassette tape plastic case ect.) on top of the one you were trying to play to get the right amount of pressure into the flux capacitor.
Or you could push down real hard on the cart (b4 full insertion) to get it to just pop in.
Also, push it in really lightly as to not upset the NES gods.
There is also the push it to the left/right technique.
And also Pushing the reset button at just the right time (at the flash to blue)

Never had to this with any other consle after the NES... good times :)

The problem with these machines was the 72 pin connector in the machine itself... they sell new ones on ebay now that will get any NES working like brand new.

7220PIN2222.jpg

This was also corrected in the smaller NES "top loader" systems.

77fa_1.jpg

Last edited:
Believe it or not, if had to rate a worst console, it would be the Wii. I have lost hours of my life trouble shooting and research setup and networking problems with the Wii, particularly when people have cable or phone companies set up their home networks for them.
I went to my friends house yesterday and he had all the Donkey Kong games, 1080 snowboarding all kinds of cool games from the past and that's the only great feature of the wii IMO. The controllers are vastly overrated.

Last edited:
I too was a cartridge blower.

Not to re-thread jack, but nothing beat the Odyssey. Pong rocked.

I went to my friends house yesterday and he had all the Donkey King games, 1080 snowboarding all kinds of cool games from the past and that's the only great feature of the wii IMO. The controllers are vastly overrated.

Yeh, the controller novelty wares off pretty quickly if you ask me. I had to dig into my router to get it to connect to my wireless network. I had to move 4 ft away from my comcast HD cable box because it would interfer with the the controller connections. My parents network had so much secruity on it (they are paranoid) i had to use the USB wireless to connect my brother's Wii, but still couldn't use on the parents network, so i had to run the thru the USB connector on my laptop then connect to the parents network over the laptop wireless (never had a problem with wireless connection for laptops or the 360 on parents network). And then last night I ran into the issue of not all virtual console games will work with the component cables, and i we found out of you plug in some of the off market game cube controlers into the Wii, some time type of internal break kills the power to it. you have to unplud the power supply and plug it back in to get it working again.

Yeh, the RRD is annoying, everyone loves to pile on about it, but i've had my original 360 shipped and reparied twice now, not questions asked for free. I've never gotten a single bit of assistance out of Nintendo of America for anything. They don't even list a technical support phone number on their offical web site. And I know i'm not the only one that has the problems i've explain above. Nintendo's response is seek help from the message board community.

I find really interesting that the gaming media completely ignores all of the these issues, almost as if its poltically incorrect to every speak ill of the mighty Wii.

I have never expirenced this level of problems and frustration with my 360, and dosn't seem like PS3 users run into a lot seupt and networking problmes either. So my vote for worse console is definately the Wii.

Last edited:
Sounds more like the trouble was with your parent's router rather than the Wii.

I'm practically a dumb *** when it comes to setting up crap like a wireless router and stuff but I was able to get my Wii on it in about 5 minutes.

You guys are just console-homers. The controllers make the Wii superior. When on my 360, I find it harder to get into the game. Now the graphics bring me back into it a bit but I find myself falling asleep on the couch while with the Wii it almost always has me standing. Not since duck hunt and that track and field game for the NES do I remember getting this into a game....and Rayman when friends are over is second to none. All of my friends with 360s and PS3s beg me to bring the Wii over for parties. The other consoles are never touched.

The one player games are inferior. I miss my GTA-type games and the better graphics. If they could ever mix that together, it would be awesome.

you blew in it to get any dust or fuzz particles off of the connectors so there was no interference that gave you the blue screen. You also could buy the little catridge cleaners from Kaybee games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom