Worst parents in the world punk kid into thinking he got an Xbox 360 (merged) (1 Viewer)

slaym

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/29/worst-parents-in-the-world-punk-kid-into-thinking-he-got-an-xbox/

When you were a kid did your parents ever do anything mean to you for their own amusement? Whatever it was, something tells us it wasn't as evil as what Jonathan's (above) family did on Christmas morning, having him unwrap an empty Xbox box with some shirts inside -- while on video, mind you -- and then everyone laughing at him when he got upset and cried over being hoodwinked.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhO-OE931D4&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

One day that kid will get his revenge, and it isn't going to be pretty.

THAT'S WAY WRONG!!! "Look at the camera and cry!" That poor kid is thinking "I'm going to kill them all"

That's terrible. Me and my buddy just watched and want to buy that kid an XBox.

His parents probably would hog it and never let him play.

My parents would go the other route and put really cool gifts in crappy boxes. I feel bad for this kid. Although it's kind of shallow feeling bad for someone not getting a $300 game machine, he's young enough to get a pass from me. His family sucks and needs to grow up themselves. I can't imagine crushing my kids like that even as a joke.

Did y'all read the explanation?

My mom decides to buy my brother an Xbox 360 for christmas. We leave that night and return the next morning to find he has sneaked a look....just as my mom thought he would, this is the result...and yes he did get the game i will try to post the second video.

My mom decides to buy my brother an Xbox 360 for christmas. We leave that night and return the next morning to find he has sneaked a look....just as my mom thought he would, this is the result...and yes he did get the game i will try to post the second video.

No, I just looked at the video imbed.

Edit: According to the link, they got in touch with the people that are supposedly his family, and he did not get an Xbox.

Update: We've been flooded with email from well-meaning geeks and even Microsoft; just about everyone wants to help us hook up Jonathan. We think we've gotten in touch with his family (who let us know he never got an Xbox, and the whole thing really was a prank on the poor kid); once we know for sure we have the right people we'll post again.

I didn't read any explanations on Youtube but clicking the endgadget link in the original post points out that:

1) The "real" gift unwrapping video that the brother supposedly made has not been added.

2) Endgadget contacted what they believe is the family in question and they have admitted that there isn't a second video or an XBox and the whole thing was a prank on the kid. EDIT: I didn't see Sandman's post pointing that out.

Take that for whatever it's worth since I don't know how reliable Endgadget is about these things. It's pretty messed up to do that to the kid but I guess it's not exactly the worst thing that's ever happened to somebody.

Just as long as that family remembers that little Johnathan will be evening the score one day if it's the last thing he ever does... :hihi:

They will pay for his therapy and or bond/Bail later.

The family should at least send the video (along with the lie that they really did give him an XBox later) to America's Funniest Home Videos and win $10,000 instead of giving it away for free on YouTube. But then again, if they had that kind of foresight, they would have been able to afford an XBox in the first place.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/29/worst-parents-in-the-world-punk-kid-into-thinking-he-got-an-xbox/

When you were a kid did your parents ever do anything mean to you for their own amusement? Whatever it was, something tells us it wasn't as evil as what Jonathan's (above) family did on Christmas morning, having him unwrap an empty Xbox box with some shirts inside -- while on video, mind you -- and then everyone laughing at him when he got upset and cried over being hoodwinked.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VhO-OE931D4&rel=1&border=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

That is so hateful!
Sick.

It is really hard to believe even. Are you POSITIVE that the kid didn't get an xbox a few minutes later? (still a mean prank, but I would get a little comfort knowing that they gave him one a few minutes later)
I just don't want to believe that a parent could be that cruel to a child.

WHY would they want to tape him? Sounds like they get pleasure from it, by instructing to get the video of him, get him crying.

How did it get on youtube?

I do too. I just fear what the family would do with it and him.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom