Worst Possible Draft Scenario (1 Viewer)

waazup

Marques Colston's #1 Fan
Reaction score
1. MIA - Chris Long
2. STL - Jake Long
3. ATL - Glenn Dorsey
4. OAK - Darren McFadden
5. KC - Sedrick Ellis
6. NYJ - Vernon Gholston
7. NE - Leodis Mckelvin
8. BAL - DRC
9. CIN - Keith Rivers
10. NO - ????

This seems like a likely scenario. Mike Jenkins is the only top corner available. Aqib maybe as well. Suppose Matt Ryan's stock drops like crazy, and nobody is willing to trade up to our spot. What do we do now?

Jeff Otah. A mauling RT to open up holes in the running game.

I was wondering why Otah received a single vote in the Saints poll. Seems they each have some deficiencies in need of attention.

Try to trade down to a team that wants Mendenhall. Then take either Kenny Philips or Reggie Smith with that pick.

EDIT: I didnt read the part where we couldnt trade down.........
I agree with Canuckredux, draft Jeff Otah.

Last edited:
If we end up getting a guy that can be that strong RT for us I would not object. Stinchcomb is not the answer there.

Take Laws and watch him be better than Dorsey or Ellis.

Reach for Jenkins or Dan Connor.
Or pick Otah to play RT or get Clady and convert him. He has the tools to be a RT and I still maintain he will be a better RT than LT in the pros.
Mendenhall is BPA though.

Take Laws and watch him be better than Dorsey or Ellis.

I've been a supporter of Laws since the Combine, but I have my doubts that he's worth #10. I hear he's moving up though, so he'll probably be gone by the 2nd. I don't think he'll be better, but I sure do think he'll be a force to rekon with. Clady or Otah might be worth it though. Need to improve our run blocking. Wow, I think that's the first time I have entertained anyone on offense for #10 and it's starting to make a lot of sense (to me anyway).

The board would explode, but go with one of those OTs.

That is a nightmare scenario but a good question. I think I would go for the OL also under those circumstances.

For reference, i'd rather have Chris Williams out of Vanderbilt over both Otah and Clady.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom