Worst. Spin-offs. Ever. (1 Viewer)

The Cleveland Show premiered in 09, only a few years after its revival and Family Guy merchandise was popping up everywhere.
That show had “cash grab” written over it.
I didn't love The Cleveland Show, but I wouldnt put it in "worst spinoff" category. I agree it was a cash grab, but there have been others mentioned here that are far, far worse.

That's a tough one. I'd say gray area on that. We still get quite a bit of JD, Elliot, Turk, and Cox. I only dislike that season because they ended season 8 in such a good way, there was no reason to bring those characters back. Unpopular opinion though, I still get some laughs out of season 9. I also have a pretty big crush on Eliza Coupe.

Yeah, it's definitely a weird one. The show's creator Bill Lawrence said he considered season 8 to be the final season and had unsuccessfully asked ABC to label season 9 as Scrubs Med.

Yeah, it's definitely a weird one. The show's creator Bill Lawrence said he considered season 8 to be the final season and had unsuccessfully asked ABC to label season 9 as Scrubs Med.
I believe they eventually rebranded it for season 9 reruns and streaming in the opening credits.

Joni loves Chachi.

Did yall know that Joanie Loves Chachi was the #1 rated show in S Korea the night it premiered .. Garry Marshall tells the story that no one involved in the show could figure it out, since it had done poorly in America and almost everywhere else, but the pilot episode was a huge hit in S Korea.. then, someone brought it to their attention, that ‘Chachi’ in Korean means………. Penis .

That’s a true story .*

I actually liked Joanie Loves Chachi, but i was like 8.. plus it didnt hurt that the show took place in the 1960s and they had an episode dedicated to Beatlemania .

Does anyone remember ’Enos’ ? It was a spinoff of Dukes of Hazzard, where deputy Enos Strait (sp?) moves to ‘the big city’[tm] and hi-jinks ensue.. i really liked it as well, but again i was like 6 or 7 .. it was in the very early 1980s, like 80 or 81 .

Did yall know that Joanie Loves Chachi was the #1 rated show in S Korea the night it premiered .. Garry Marshall tells the story that no one involved in the show could figure it out, since it had done poorly in America and almost everywhere else, but the pilot episode was a huge hit in S Korea.. then, someone brought it to their attention, that ‘Chachi’ in Korean means………. Penis .

That’s a true story .*
I'm pretty sure I heard him tell this story.

That’s a true story .*
Prescient since scot baio turned out to be a giant penis

I actually liked Joanie Loves Chachi, but i was like 8.. plus it didnt hurt that the show took place in the 1960s and they had an episode dedicated to Beatlemania .

Does anyone remember ’Enos’ ? It was a spinoff of Dukes of Hazzard, where deputy Enos Strait (sp?) moves to ‘the big city’[tm] and hi-jinks ensue.. i really liked it as well, but again i was like 6 or 7 .. it was in the very early 1980s, like 80 or 81 .
Enis, I think. Yep. I remember watching it as a kid. I think Daisy Duke makes a guest appearance in one of the episodes.

Prescient since scot baio turned out to be a giant penis

Right ? And to think, somewhere in between Zapped! and Charles and Charge, he seemed like the epitome of cool.. that may say more about how easily impressionable i was than how cool he actually was .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom