• Yes

Votes: 88 39.6%
  • No (must back this up with your response

Votes: 88 39.6%
  • Impossible to say, since I have no idea how bad Polk or Harrison were

Votes: 46 20.7%

• Total voters
No.

Though you'd have to assume there were some huge mistakes made in the first time around.

Sure, but that's to be expected. Washington had challenges that no other President has ever had to face (and may be the only one who could've possibly have handled those challenges).

No. Andrew Jackson has Bush by leaps and bounds. His face should be stripped from our $20 bills.

Jimmy Carter's Malaise Speech was a low point in American political history. He has rebuilt his legacy with his actions after leaving office, but times were pretty brutal when he was in office. Good governor, bad president. Oh, and Millard Fillmore was awful too. No reason except the name.

Last edited:
I'm going to get hammered for saying this.

Lincoln and FDR are two of the best and worst presidents ever. On one hand they may have been great for their time in history but on the other they have done more to drive this country away from liberties, the constitution and small government than any others.

No. Andrew Jackson has Bush by leaps and bounds. His face should be stripped from our $20 bills.

I disagree on both counts. He's middle of the pack in my opinion, as far as Presidents are concerned. But judging him as an historical American figure based on his lifetime accomplishments, that man earned every bit of recognition he's received.

Last edited:
Actually, I think there's a very strong argument for Calvin Coolidge.

The stock market crash of 1929 and the Great Depression were caused by events that were brewing througout the mid and late 1920's during Coolidge's presidency. But because he subscribed to laissez faire and little government, very little was done to counteract the warning signs.

Just thought I'd add that to the discussion.

Buchannon. It's not even close.

Homophobe? :)

Andrew Johnson was probably the worst. And don't forget Millard Fillmore and the dude that died in 30 days. It will be hard to give Bush a defining grade ever, unless we are attacked by al Qaeda in the near future, in which case he'll get a clear cut F. As it is now, he started a war against an enemy we may or may not have. No one knows for sure. Domestically, he has to be in the bottom 5 easy.

Buchanan never got married. I guess that's what he's referring to.

Last edited:
Who was the dude who was only around for like a month, then croaked?

Im still going with Bush.

History will not be kind to him, I'm afraid. I fail to see where he has done anything to address the major issues facing our country. In no particular order:

Social Security
Healthcare
Budget deficit
Trade deficit
Educational system
Tax burden on middle class

He has, however gotten us into a war from which there appears to be no exit, has alienated many of our allies, and has fostered separation in our own country.

I realize, however, that he cannot act on his own. The lack of will displayed by our absolutely spineless, bought-and-paid-for congress is a disgrace. All these fat cats care about is lining their own pockets.

For starters, healthcare needs to be made affordable to all, and we need a fair tax code (possibly national sales tax).

A good solution to the problem of politicians is to remove ALL funding from special interest groups. It's bribery, pure and simple.

Good post. The only thing I can add is the gigantic and unpopular issue at the borders, and the huge influx of illegals.

Actually, I think there's a very strong argument for Calvin Coolidge.

The stock market crash of 1929 and the Great Depression were caused by events that were brewing througout the mid and late 1920's during Coolidge's presidency. But because he subscribed to laissez faire and little government, very little was done to counteract the warning signs.

Just thought I'd add that to the discussion.

I have a feeling Reb is going to enjoy this post. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom