Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is it G.W.B.? Pole to follow.

Last edited:
I pick Harrison, what did he accomplish? :hihi:

>>Jimmy Carter

red_x_mark.jpg

It would be hard for me to say, considering I don't know much at all about the Presidents between Jackson and Lincoln and between Lincoln and McKinley. From what I do know, however, it would seem that Buchanan, Johnson and Grant were all awful, especially Buchannan who did nothing to quell tensions between north and south. He's definitely in the bottom 10 right now, probably bottom fourth or fifth worst. History may look at him as much better or even slightly worse though.

This is better left for presidential historians to judge but I suspect Dubya has a legitimate shot.

its worth pointing out that the 2004 electorate must be one of the worst ever as well.
Congrats to everyone who voted for that man.

History will not be kind to him, I'm afraid. I fail to see where he has done anything to address the major issues facing our country. In no particular order:

Social Security
Healthcare
Budget deficit
Trade deficit
Educational system
Tax burden on middle class

He has, however gotten us into a war from which there appears to be no exit, has alienated many of our allies, and has fostered separation in our own country.

I realize, however, that he cannot act on his own. The lack of will displayed by our absolutely spineless, bought-and-paid-for congress is a disgrace. All these fat cats care about is lining their own pockets.

For starters, healthcare needs to be made affordable to all, and we need a fair tax code (possibly national sales tax).

A good solution to the problem of politicians is to remove ALL funding from special interest groups. It's bribery, pure and simple.

Last edited:
IMO, Pierce and Buchanon get low grades for making worse the problems that led to the Civil War. Andrew Johnson also deserves mention for making worse the problems of Reconstruction. And throw Benjamin Harrison in the mix as well for his general mediocrity.

its worth pointing out that the 2004 electorate must be one of the worst ever as well.
Congrats to everyone who voted for that man.
There wasn't much to choose from, and so I continued my streak of never having voted for the winning president, even though I've always voted. FWIW, I vote neither republican or democrat. They each do nothing but serve special interest groups.

Jimmy Carter

You know I grew up always hearing/thinking this but recently found out from someone real close to me that he was the BEST president for their personal financial situation. Meaning the doubledigit interest rates made them a VERY nice nestegg that they are living on today in comfortable retirement. It was a Jimmy Carter story I never knew.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom