Would a start at 0-8 justify a Sean Payton Firing ? (1 Viewer)

In light of our past 2 seasons, an 0-8 start would indeed justify his firing.

Having said that, I want to see him play out the season. He needs a fair shot to develop all our young players, and there are many.

In light of our past 2 seasons, an 0-8 start would indeed justify his firing.

Having said that, I want to see him play out the season. He needs a fair shot to develop all our young players, and there are many.
I think he's had a fair shot considering he hired and fired Spagnoulo, went from 4-3 to 3-4 to want to mimic the Seahawks somehow to back to 4-3 and in the midst of the hired Rob Ryan then forced Byrd on him and then after a successful 2013 mandated changes to the defensive scheme, which flopped.

Not to say Ryan was awesome or anything but than after one season where the defense backslid along with the whole team's locker room culture Payton brings in Dennis Allen to be minder and look over Ryan's shoulder. Any chance Ryan would turn things around was done right then and there because no one responds well to such a vote of no confidence when you are asked to employ and train your replacement.

Then we have the #1 spent on Anthony and the follies around his development.

He's had a fair shot and already has done a lot that would have got a lot of other people fired if they were answering to anyone a level up.

I think he's had a fair shot considering he hired and fired Spagnoulo, went from 4-3 to 3-4 to want to mimic the Seahawks somehow to back to 4-3 and in the midst of the hired Rob Ryan then forced Byrd on him and then after a successful 2013 mandated changes to the defensive scheme, which flopped.

Not to say Ryan was awesome or anything but than after one season where the defense backslid along with the whole team's locker room culture Payton brings in Dennis Allen to be minder and look over Ryan's shoulder. Any chance Ryan would turn things around was done right then and there because no one responds well to such a vote of no confidence when you are asked to employ and train your replacement.

Then we have the #1 spent on Anthony and the follies around his development.

He's had a fair shot and already has done a lot that would have got a lot of other people fired if they were answering to anyone a level up.

We're not as far apart as you might imagine. If I thought our team would play better with an interim coach, I would be for firing him today.

Then too, firing a head coach mid season might make some of the HC candidates look elsewhere.

I think 0-8 start should justify the firing of Loomis or 1-7 since we won one. He got us in this cap hell and our free agent signings have sucked and our high round draft choices have been bust.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom