Would a start at 0-8 justify a Sean Payton Firing ? (1 Viewer)

Oh a "Fire Sean Payton" thread. I've never seen one of those before.

For all these post on what it will take to Fire Sean Payton i truly believe these fans will not be happy unless the Saints are perennial losers.

This team has a severe lack of talent and we are in the second year of rebuilding it is going to take time to right the ship.If we fired Sean who would we replace him that is better.I think some fans believe that if we hired a new coach than he would come in sprinkle some magic dust and our players would become more talented play better and no longer have injuries.There is no quick fix to our problems even though some fans think there is a quick fix that our current coaching staff is over looking.

I think these fans are just fair weather fans who think the sun should always be shinning with no rain or cloudy days.To really appreciate the good times you have to experience the bad times.

This kind of argument irritates the crap out of me. There is ALWAYS somebody out there. Payton took over for somebody, Jimmy Johnson took over for somebody, Mike McCarthy took over for somebody, Bill Bellichek took over for somebody. Get my drift? To say there is nobody out there who can do better is ridiculous.
This! Too bad we have a cheap old owner that will continue to play the fans.

For all these post on what it will take to Fire Sean Payton i truly believe these fans will not be happy unless the Saints are perennial losers.

This team has a severe lack of talent and we are in the second year of rebuilding it is going to take time to right the ship.If we fired Sean who would we replace him that is better.I think some fans believe that if we hired a new coach than he would come in sprinkle some magic dust and our players would become more talented play better and no longer have injuries.There is no quick fix to our problems even though some fans think there is a quick fix that our current coaching staff is over looking.

I think these fans are just fair weather fans who think the sun should always be shinning with no rain or cloudy days.To really appreciate the good times you have to experience the bad times.

I don't think anyone expects a quick fix, just some sort of accountability. I don't think anyone over a certain age expects a quick fix, I mean it took us so long to win the SB.

Why do people continue to critique people who have legitimate concerns-- mainly we have been losing going on three years, the FO is bad, and SP can't fix the D? These are legitimate concerns

The Broncos fired Mike Shanahan when he started losing consistently, and he gave them 2 rings following years getting close. The Giants fired TC, the Ravens fired their previous SB coach, why are we so different?

Payton was not an established coach b4 we hired him, he was an assistant coach. Loomis took a risk, and it worked. Now it seems like most people on this board are scared to take that risk again. Its like people think SP should have a job for life. :rant:

All it takes is one great draft to get this team back on track.

So, if we fire Payton, what brilliant coach is gonna walk through the door to be the savior? Nobody, that's who.

My questions to you and all of the Saints fan who think Payton is untouchable.

What if the Saints go 3-13 this season and 6-10 next season? Should he be fired? Or should he keep his job since No "no brilliant coach" could replace our saviour?

Only if all players are healthy. Otherwise it should be Loomis. But it won't be either. So sucks it up.

This.

We are almost certain to go 3-13 or maybe 4-12 (although I don't see 4 games we can win this year). And we should definitely NOT say good bye to Sean Payton.

You don't go from being as bad as we are now to contending for a championship in a single off season. Imo we will be this bad for as long as Payton is here. We might improve slightly but that isn't hard.

Do you pay attention to the NFL? Teams take jumps from terrible to very good all the time. I could give countless examples. Like I said we are not nearly as bad as our record shows. Most bad teams also don't have an elite QB with a top 5 offense and SB winning coach. We lost 2 games at the very end after being depleted by injuries. This team healthy is a very solid one even in cap hell and bad drafting. We have some nice youth and tons of cap space to fix some issues on defense while having near 0 needs on the offensive side of the ball except OG. Our team is set up right now to retool very quickly and make a huge jump for next season. If we had just two defensive stops we are sitting here at 2-1 with the same team and nobody complaining. I have said all along this year is a stepping stone to set up for the next few years no matter what our record is.

This team needs a win for sooooo many reasons...

Yes we do. The main one being stopping all the whiny, childish posts we have been seeing around here lately. Are we all disappointed at the start of this season? Yes. But that doesn't mean we can't discuss the situation like adults instead of starting yet more rant threads.

Gotta go now. It's been at least 15 minutes since the last Vitt, Johnson and McMahon gotta go thread.

3%20parrots%201_zpsw5htq3sn.jpg

Bad luck and and Terrible bets have dethroned us as Contenders , all the way down to possibly an 0-10 start.

Chargers
Panthers
Chiefs
Seahawks
Niners
Broncos
Panthers

I see 0-10 coming a mile away.

The easiest game on our schedule coming up is at San Francisco , Who I'm sure would find a way to become all of the sudden Juggernaught like when we step on the field with them.

Next up is the Lions and Rams at home , and that's about all that I see us realistically being able to win against.

I know our Luck with Injuries has been unfavorable for lack of a better term , and I know our luck on free agents has been even worse. But does Sean Payton get a pass on all of this ?

Am I over exaggerating or is this an actual possibility.

Should we hit the 0-10 mark , that would've made nearly an entire season of not winning 1 game , meaningful or non meaningful ...

I wonder if all these fire Sean Payton haters know how truly ignorant they sound? Again...PLAYERS ON THE FIELD WIN AND LOSE THE GAMES. We're literally playing 3rd stringers and guys, who if not for our injury situation, would be street FAs. Thank god these hate Payton people are mere fans, and I use that term loosely, and not FO guys. Otherwise we'd be exactly like the Browns with a revolving door of coaches, GMs, QBs, and players. Do you guys really think it's that easy to replace a coach like Sean Payton? Get him and DA better players on D, hope they can stay healthy, and we'll be a world better than we are now.

He's Sean Payton 7 wins or 3 wins they'll keep him around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom