Would a start at 0-8 justify a Sean Payton Firing ? (1 Viewer)

If Tom Benson wants Sean Payton fired, he would of done it by now

Payton won't be let go until the end of Brees' career, assuming we don't start winning again. We committed to the rebuild period last year with the resigning of Payton. Loomis and Benson know not to expect much right now. If we don't make it to the playoffs next year, we can start asking this question. This year, the losing is not unexpected.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's impossible to fire him.

Just forget about it. He still has 4 years/28 million left on his deal after this season. The only way he leaves is if we work with another team and Payton to mutually find a place he wants to go and that wants to take on his contract.

And that will not happen mid-season. Zero chance.

go 0-10, then lets see what happens. If there are many empty seats in the Dome, that may change the complexion a bit.

It's all personnel.

If you're going to fire anybody, start with Loomis and go through the whole personnel department.

Never happen.

Is Loomis picking the players or just figuring out how to pay them?

You don't go from being as bad as we are now to contending for a championship in a single off season. Imo we will be this bad for as long as Payton is here. We might improve slightly but that isn't hard.

Actually, you do. Is that not exactly what 2006 was? From 3 - 13 to 10 - 6 and being one of the final four teams standing. And that's hardly the only drastic turnaround in NFL History - it just happens to be in our recent past.

Actually, you do. Is that not exactly what 2006 was? From 3 - 13 to 10 - 6 and being one of the final four teams standing. And that's hardly the only drastic turnaround in NFL History - it just happens to be in our recent past.

Someone posted in another thread a list of teams that went from sub .500 to playoffs the following year and it was quite lengthy. Even had a Super Bowl winner or two in there.

We lost to the easy teams. The meat of the schedule is coming up. If we don't beat the Chargers I don't see where we can realistically find a win. 49ers is another possibility but our defense is extremely bad and I have no confidence we can stop them. Not to mention their defense is just good enough to get a few stops where ours can't stop anyone.

Why on earth would you get rid of the only thing that is working.
Firing Coach Payton would not solve any of the problems with this team. The man is an offensive genius and would be difficult to replace this knowledge.
His weakness seems to be defensive decisions in personnel and coaching.+

Defensive coaching and personnel is where the focus should be. Positional coaches have a chance to coach up these young men and if they are failing, then a change should be made.

Loomis scares me as well. He had a big hand in our situation and has to have some liability. With Benson so occupied with legal issues the past few years, just how much involvement has he had in watching over how his money is spent. I would not be pleased

Rant over...WHO DAT!

Neither of those guys are "worried" about being fired ... and I think their lies at least some of the problem.

Sigh ...

I don't see Loomis or Payton leaving even if we end up with the first pick in the draft, though it would be possible. If we do stink up the whole season and end up with a top 3 pick I can see us firing them and parting with Brees and I can see us keeping them and parting with Brees. We could draft Brees' replacement and benefit from spending his salary on many needs. It's a waste of cash to run a Corvette motor in a Chevette. I'm still hoping we put it together but until we do, anything is possible. Love Brees, but I love the Saints more. I just hope that what is best for the team is done at the end of the season and the good news is we will be out of Cap Hell.

Is Loomis picking the players or just figuring out how to pay them?

either way, he should be held accountable in my opinion. Being the numbers guy means the dead money falls on him . And if he has no input in picking players, that's only because he doesn't have enough football knowledge to do so. Which really isn't ideal for the GM of a football team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom