Would a Super Bowl season be the same if no fans are allowed this season? (1 Viewer)

Would a Super Bowl season be the same if fans aren't allowed?

• Yes

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
So I can't keep but help thinking how ironic of a twist of fate it would be that if the NFL plays this year and we finally get over the hump and win the Super Bowl...but with no fans.

Let's say it is concluded that the NFL can't have fans at all this year. Will a Super Bowl season still feel the same for you? Would you prefer we win one when things are back to normal instead?

And don't come here with the "No way NFL plays without fans!" This thread is for the What If scenario only. We all know full well the NFL is going to do whatever they can to make the season as normal as possible.

I'd personally never decline a Super Bowl, but it sure would be bittersweet if we have to do it with no fans. Drew going out without a roaring applause from us would really, really suck. But Super Bowls are Super Bowls. :shrug:

At this I would be really grateful if there was an NFL season. It would be a much needed diversion. At work it's all about avoiding getting corona then decontamination before you step foot in house and then more decontamination immediately when you step inside.

It's real important only because my wife takes medications and my mother in law who we take care of is 80 and medically vulnerable. She also has severe dimentia.

I don't see how a season goes on with no fans. How do players get motivated for the game when there's dead silence in a stadium?? Drew's pregame speech?? The Who Dat chant?? The crowd is what gets these players amped. I definitely could not get motivated myself with no one around.

I don't see how a season goes on with no fans. How do players get motivated for the game when there's dead silence in a stadium?? Drew's pregame speech?? The Who Dat chant?? The crowd is what gets these players amped. I definitely could not get motivated myself with no one around.
First down Saints!!
Third down!!!

The cans on your chest Dan. ?. BTW always good to see you, love your sense of Humor. How's the trespassing on the golf course to get 18 in going.
the city courses opened up this week------to ohio residents only. i'm acually paying to play.. Michiganders arent allowed to golf down here or use their powerboats back home.

rumor has it the Lions are gonna stink again this year .

At this I would be really grateful if there was an NFL season. It would be a much needed diversion. At work it's all about avoiding getting corona then decontamination before you step foot in house and then more decontamination immediately when you step inside.

It's real important only because my wife takes medications and my mother in law who we take care of is 80 and medically vulnerable. She also has severe dimentia.

Peace be with you, sir. And continued health for your family.

On a football note, we'll have to have better luck with injuries late in the season to get to a Super Bowl, if we do have a full season this year. We can talk X's and O's if we'd like to, but just the Rankins and Onyemata injuries cost us mightily.

I voted “yes.” Although it may not be “the same,” I also don’t think it would be any less meaningful wrt the sport and the title itself (with the caveat that so many things, including sports, pale in comparison to what’s going on with this horrible virus).

To me, saying it wouldn’t be “the same” would imply some sort of asterisk or mean the title doesn’t stand on the same merit as others. Winning one this year wouldn’t mean any less than the Chiefs winning it last year or whoever wins it in 2023, etc.

I think once you're down 14-0 because the other team didn't dwell on these issues, you become pretty motivated. Either that or both teams have trouble getting motivated and then that hindrance becomes a wash.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom