Would Alex Smith be an intelligent aquisition? (1 Viewer)

strandedsaint

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Alrighty WHODATS........As much as I'm still bitter about the 2011 defeat in San Fran to this man, would bringing in a 36yr old qb a smart move for us? Granted that is if we can't get Russell Wilson this year. I know he's older but he could take our team (whatever that looks like after the cap issues are resolved) and we keep rolling...........ready..................go.....................

I'll go with no. All the trash talked about injured players on this board and y'all want him? Nothing against the guy, but no way.
No disrespect but he was lucky to play this year. I really don't know why he doesn't retire that's how bad his injury was, he sat out the playoff game because of a calf strain in the leg he messed up.

Alex Smith is the perfect QB at this stage in his career for a team like Washington ; A young team that needs leadership, development of a winning culture and be brought to respectability. Smith did a great job achieving all of those last on a Washington team that was drowning before he was inserted as the starting QB.

But if your trying to go beyond that, then your best served looking at other options.

Last edited:
Alex Smith is the perfect QB at this stage in his career for a team like Washington. A young team that needs leadership and can bring it to respectability, much like he did last year.

But if your trying to go beyond that, then your best served looking at other options.
Smith has a 97.4 career passer rating in the playoffs. .3% higher than Brees.

He only has 2 ints in 5 playoff games.

Naw, too risky from a medical standpoint. I really liked him and thought he was an underrated QB most of his career and the fact he played again after that horrific injury is a testimony to his character and toughness. But I really think he should retire, like Brees, I don't think it is wise to count on him to play an full season....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom