Would be nice if 4th guy was Derek Mason (DC Stanford) (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Parker explained that it's not about inventing some new defensive scheme, but about being schematically sound: "You only have 11 guys out there. When they are balanced, you have to play five and a half guys on one side and five and a half guys on the other side." If the offense is unbalanced, with additional blockers or receivers to one side or the other, the defense must "match" them and not allow the Ducks to get extra numbers or leverage. "You have to change up how you are covering it," Parker explained. Being sound is the most important thing. "What they are looking for is for you to make a mistake."

Stanford Shows Oregon Its Own Brand of Old-School Football - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

Since we are still speculating and all.

He would fit the mold of a young coordinator but not really up and coming. So he could possibly be here for more than 2 years.

I like him a lot, more then Ryan or Grantham.

I'd be open to that possibility.

The one this I learned after the Spags dumpster fire - I'm not going to get too excited over anybody until I see the production on the field, I don't care if it's Dick LeBeau and Buddy Ryan's illegitimate love child.

I was one of the first to want Rob Ryan but ive kind of soured on the idea...ONLY because of the potential to interview MORE candidates. As long as we have mulitple candidates to choose from then Ryan isn't the guy I want. If it boils down to him then id be fine with his hire.

I still like most would like someone that will come and can grow with the defense. Not someone looking to disappear after a year or 2 but a guy thats willing to come in and take the lumps and bruises with the guys that we have.

Id also like someone thats good@ developing talent so that we can start seeing production out of guys that don't have a true position like Martez Wilson

yea, i would rather they take their time and do a very thorough search instead. after last year they need to get this choice right.

Well time is ticking. The combine is coming up, and we need to get a guy in here fairly quick to start scouting which type of players we want to target for the Defense in the Draft, and start building the scheme.

He has only been a college DC for 2 years now. Has Payton seen enough to bring him to the NFL as a DC already?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom