Would be nice if 4th guy was Derek Mason (DC Stanford) (1 Viewer)

I like Mason, but he doesn't appear to have enough experience to take over an NFL defense and be responsible for a complete overhaul & schematic shift.

I'm also starting to think the mystery 4th candidate is non-existent and just a ploy to make Ryan believe that he is not our only option...

I now fully expect to see Rob Ryan named our new DC in the very near future... It's not a question of if, but when.

I like Mason, but he doesn't appear to have enough experience to take over an NFL defense and be responsible for a complete overhaul & schematic shift.

I'm also starting to think the mystery 4th candidate is non-existent and just a ploy to make Ryan believe that he is not our only option...

I now fully expect to see Rob Ryan named our new DC in the very near future... It's not a question of if, but when.

This ive been saying this since Wed after Paytons interview on Mike n Mike. Sounded like a leverage thing.

Could also be based on the fanbase reaction. I don't think anyone has been uber excited about Rob Ryan. Perhaps they caught wind of it and set the Grantham interview up just to make it seem like they were doing due diligence.

Keep in mind Grantham didn't tell the AD that he was interviewing until Wed night I think.

Not only that...can he transfer his college success over to the NFL?

I don't know, but we'll never know until he gets a shot. In recent history Pac-10 Coaches have had a lot of success switching over to the NFL with Pete Caroll and his staff from USC, and Jim Harbaugh in SF bringing over a lot of his Stanford staff with him.

I'd rather try for greatness and fail, then make the "Safe" move and settle for mediocrity.

Seems like options are dwindling down and Rob Ryan is becoming a shoe in because he's the only experienced candidate left, however most people aren't really Wowed by him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom