Would Brett Favre ever consider becoming a Saint part owner (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I know it sounds a bit far fetched but I truly believe that somewhere in Brett Favre's heart he bleeds black and gold, and he would like to influence the team somehow, someway he grew up loving. Lets face it. He grew up a Saints fan, he was a big admirer of Bobby Hebert and the Dome Patrol. His late departed father was a huge Buddy D fan and a Saints fan as well.

If Brett ever did want to be a investor in this team or better yet try to become a part owner, that would be a great idea because he would have the job he always wanted but never got to do so. He wanted to be a Saints player so badly it hurt him. I also believe if the right circumstances came about he would get involved in this team's future. He liked Jim Mora, he idolized Archie Manning and was a big time follower of Saints football before his NFL days.

With his career over, why not let him try his hand at running a team? What is their to lose for him?

I don't think he is a billionaire

how many ex-players are part owners in the NFL?? and he doesnt have that much money. that is a little far fetched. and whos to say that he knows anything about running an organization?

You don't have to a billionaire to own a team, thats why some owners have a team or a group of investors that can buy out another owner and get it for themselves. I or course don't know what Brett is thinking right now, but he has a lot of emotional attachments to this town, he is in many ways local boy who loved this team for so long and dreamed of being in the Saints organization. I don't think his days of being in the NFL are over. I think he have bigger fish to fry and would like to be in the FO of some kind for some team and that team may be the Saints. If he so choose to do it

instead of dancing on the sidelines, he can do donuts with his riding lawnmower on the 50 yard line

I don't think the Bensons are wanting to sell. Tom handed/is handing everything down to Rita. Im pretty sure we won't have another owner for many many years to come and I am happy with that, I like Rita. I think she will do a hell of a job.

If you're thining about a quartback who one day do this, I would think Peyton Manning would make more sense, because he grew up in New Orleans proper, and probably has more expendable cash than most high-profile NFL players due to the gazillion ads he makes.

Don't know if he'd be interested.

If you're thining about a quartback who one day do this, I would think Peyton Manning would make more sense, because he grew up in New Orleans proper, and probably has more expendable cash than most high-profile NFL players due to the gazillion ads he makes.

Don't know if he'd be interested.

How awesome would it be to have an investment group that would by the Saints that would consist of Peyton/Eli Manning, Brett Favre, and Terry Bradshaw.

Will never happen, but that would be cool.

I think Brett wil be content with fishing, hunting, golfing and probably the occasional sports show. So no, I don't think there is a hair of a chance of Brett becoming part owner. I agree that it would be awsome though.

I doubt Brett would be interested/financially capable. If he wanted to be part of football, he would be playing. I think he will sail into the sunset and enjoy his family time.

I can see it now, a Favre/Bradshaw led ownership group. I'm not sure if that would be the best or worst thing that could happen to the Saints.

I really don't think Brett would be interested in any kind of FO position. He's just not the right guy for that kind of thing. However, I'd love for him to come back home and do color for Southern Miss broadcasts. I think he'd be a perfict fit along side ol' Juanny Cox.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom